Specialized Hard Rock Pro 2009

GoldenMotor.com

ohjasony

Apr 2, 2011
California
Thanks for the suggestions. I decided to buy a motor kit and give it a try. Sorry to be a pain...but how did you mount it to the bottom frame? The Hardrock's have a very large unusual frame size. Could you possible post some up-close pictures of your mount? Thanks in advance.

ohjasony

Apr 2, 2011
California
]It's hard to tell from the picture. But it looks like he had to mount the carb on the side to make it fit. Anyone else see this?

Masterm222

Feb 14, 2009
Billings, Montana
gas bike sells offset intakes so your carb will fit. when I have little room I sometimes cut 3/8" off of the rear motor mount block. For the front mount I use two mounting parts from the kit. One of the small mount brackets bolted to the engine and weld the plate from the chain tensioner to it at the right angle so it fits the frame. Use the u bolt from an exhaust clamp to clamp it to the frame. I also weld a rounded plate to the U bolt to spread the load. No close up pics- camera was stolen.

max350

Apr 10, 2010
Sweden, Örnsköldsvik
All

Not been on here for a while. I have been motoring for around 1500 miles so far.

All is well. Just gave her a mini service, regap spark plug, lubed up clutch and a damm good clean with Muc-Off.

Just refitted my summer slicks, I cycle the bike every day so much easier on slicks and it also takes pressure off the motor.

I am now rolling on a Hope Floating front rotor, 203mm, awesome stopping power! You need it, the bike easily does 35mph.

I also have a Kings Sales & Service Top Hat Adapter and 39T sprocket. I am running a rear disc brake on top of the top hat. Plenty of griding, shimming, more grinding to get it to work. I ended up cutting part of Rear chain stay too! Had to make some custome brackets etc. But it now works very well!

I am next going to start looking at slight performance mods, more for the looks such as exhaust, filter, better spark plugs etc.

Ed brnot

That front disc brakes are larger than on my Suzuki DR600:) looks great. Would need such a brake on my bike when I drive over 42mph, which is my top speed for now