Looking for descent engines.

GoldenMotor.com

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
So im wanting to replace my china girl with a descent well made engine. Who do you guys know that sells the engine by themselves? And are dependable.

frank66

Jan 15, 2015
canada
79cc predator sounds great to me. or a used yamaha scooter/ honda grom might be more suited to your situation. i got a used derbi bullet to rip so no offense.
good luck

Last edited:

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Grammatical printouts aside Brush less
electric is really the way to go.
Silent
No gas
Next to no maintenance.
Can be stored inside,
there are of course drawbacks, but Those arent what im here to showcase ;)

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Grammatical printouts aside Brush less
electric is really the way to go.
Silent
No gas
Next to no maintenance.
Can be stored inside,
there are of course drawbacks, but Those arent what im here to showcase ;)
what is the median range on your electric?

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
I typical ride is 7-8 miles to get to where I'm going.
the farthest I've gone on a charge-
not peddling 15 miles
with peddling 22 (could probably be more like 25 with more oomph at takeoffs)

So I guess it would be 18 miles?

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
I typical ride is 7-8 miles to get to where I'm going.
the farthest I've gone on a charge-
not peddling 15 miles
with peddling 22 (could probably be more like 25 with more oomph at takeoffs)

So I guess it would be 18 miles?

Thats not to bad. I was thinking of making an electric bike. Using my pre existing engine hook it up to an alternator/ Generator to charge the battery. Dont have many charging opportunities.

Semaj

Electric Enthusiast
Dec 11, 2014
Austin Tx
Its possible to get more range too, I just didint have the money for the batteries. As for charging something like this as you went... Well Let us know when you make the perpetual engine, cause I want a piece of that pie :)

From what Ive read its pretty impossible to charge batteries meaningfully while riding, that being said there is regenerative breaking, or like mine it charges whenever its rolling and im not using the throttle the motor turns into a generator and charges the battery, but unless your going down some mad hills its really negligible how much your getting back.

MadMaxed

Feb 15, 2015
Florida
Its possible to get more range too, I just didint have the money for the batteries. As for charging something like this as you went... Well Let us know when you make the perpetual engine, cause I want a piece of that pie :)

From what Ive read its pretty impossible to charge batteries meaningfully while riding, that being said there is regenerative breaking, or like mine it charges whenever its rolling and im not using the throttle the motor turns into a generator and charges the battery, but unless your going down some mad hills its really negligible how much your getting back.
Of course i will be using gas to charge the battery.... But ill only let you in on it when i find a way. Probably a few lifetimes from now hahaha