TZR 50 CDI & Coil Wiring???

GoldenMotor.com

madwheels37

Jul 27, 2010
Bradenton, FL
Here is my dillema so PLEASE someone help!!!!! I have the same set up like the JN Motors HP Limiter; Don't know where to put which wire. Most of the sites I have been to say it has green, yellow, etc. colored wires. Mine does not as can be seen in the photo. Please tell me where to connect each color wire or at least what they are for. Thank you

Attachments

Coupe

May 25, 2011
United States
I am having the same issue. Is there anyone that has any idea about this? I have a CDI that's just sitting here because I thought I could make it work, but I can't seem to figure it out. Does anyone know? please let me know if you find a solution. It would be nice to use these parts....to do something aside from collecting dust

aquinomas

Dec 22, 2013
texas
Re: TZR 50 CDI & Coil Wiring??? SOLVED !!!

!!!!! PROBLEM SOLVED !!!!!

NOTE: The Minarelli 1E40QMB CD10 Looks like the same as the New Racing TZR 50 CDI...

I have a Eton Viper M 50cc 2 stroke ATV that has a Stock cdi Maroonish in Color, part number # 811114 for 50cc,50ccM, 70cc and 90cc Eton Atvs. Im not a Expert at WIRING this is just my Trial and error...

FOR ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE THAT WANTS A BARE WIRE HARNESS THAT JUST SIMPLY MAKES YOUR ETON ATV RUN...

FOR the Stock Eton CDI # 811114 that has 5 wires total.
>(CDI wires) & (Stator or Magneto)
>Blue/White = White/Red. (Note: Trigger)
>Blue/Yellow = Yellow/Red. (Note: This is the Kill Switch)
>Black/Red = Black/Red. (Note: AC power)
(The 2 pigtail wires below)
[White/Blue] = Ignition Coil.(Note: Ignition Wire)
[Black] = Ignition Coil Ground OR ground.

FOR ALL YOU GUYS OUT THERE THAT WANTS A BARE WIRE HARNESS THAT JUST SIMPLY MAKES YOUR ATV RUN...

I bought a New Racing TZR 50 CDI 5 wires, which MADWHEELS37 described...

(CDI wires) & (Stator or Magneto)
>Red/White = White/Red. (Note: Trigger)
>Black/White = Yellow/Red. (Note: This is the Kill Switch)
>Red/Black = Black/Red. (Note: AC power)
(The 2 pigtails wires below)
[Orange] = Ignition Coil. (Note: Ignition Wire)
[Black] = Ignition coil ground OR ground.

ALSO NOTE: For the Stock ETON CDI # 811114 the Blue/White & White/Red wires MUST BE CONNECTED TO RUN.

On the OTHER HAND with the New Racing TZR 50 CDI the Red/White & White/Red wires MUST NOT BE CONNECTED to RUN.

PS: Example wires that are RED/WHITE. The RED Is the DOMINATE COLOR and the WHITE is the THIN STRIPE COLOR.

Again I'm not a Expert. Boy i sure don't like ELECTRICAL PROBLEMS. ENJOY!