Suzuki K10 motorcycle forks

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I got mine today. I had to pay $50 shipping but $90 is still a good deal, I never would use mountain bike forks, they just dont look the same. Anyways, mine had some heavier scratches. How did yours look like?

Well to be honest BBB, it doesnt look very professional to me what you did there but if you dont care so much how it looks like I guess it works for you. I will probably buy one of the spacers mentioned earlier since I think thats the best solution for the headset.

http://motorbicycling.com/showpost.php?p=408087&postcount=5

I gonna have to weld and customize a bunch of parts these days for the rims and on the frame, so I wait until then and cut of some things of the fork I dont need and customize it all to fit the handlebar and axle etc.

Last edited:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
My forks had some scratches, but I just bought some cheap glossy black spraypaint and it covered it right up. I'm curious as to what exactly it is you think looks unprofessional about my forks. If you're referring to the headset, all I did was modify a crown nut to fit. Its a standard threaded headset. Besides that, you can only really see it from the angle I took the picture, which is an extremely low angle. From a standing view, the headset is not even visible. No matter what, you'll need the cone nut that normally threads on first. The other two nuts basically serve as lock nuts and help keep the cone nut from backing off. If you're referring to the axle, it was the only way I could get my Worksman wheel on. If you're referring to the way I came up with to hold my brake arm in place, it was the best and cleanest looking idea I could come up with. It sure looks a heck of a lot better than a hose clamp around the fork. Besides which the fact that the forks are mounted safely and securely and everything works the way its supposed to, which is a pretty good accomplishment considering the fact that I mounted a pair of motorcycle forks on a bicycle using tools and materials I already had on hand. If its not up to your professional standards, oh well, you don't have to drive it.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
My forks had some scratches, but I just bought some cheap glossy black spraypaint and it covered it right up. I'm curious as to what exactly it is you think looks unprofessional about my forks. If you're referring to the headset, all I did was modify a crown nut to fit. Its a standard threaded headset. Besides that, you can only really see it from the angle I took the picture, which is an extremely low angle. From a standing view, the headset is not even visible. No matter what, you'll need the cone nut that normally threads on first. The other two nuts basically serve as lock nuts and help keep the cone nut from backing off. If you're referring to the axle, it was the only way I could get my Worksman wheel on. If you're referring to the way I came up with to hold my brake arm in place, it was the best and cleanest looking idea I could come up with. It sure looks a heck of a lot better than a hose clamp around the fork. Besides which the fact that the forks are mounted safely and securely and everything works the way its supposed to, which is a pretty good accomplishment considering the fact that I mounted a pair of motorcycle forks on a bicycle using tools and materials I already had on hand. If its not up to your professional standards, oh well, you don't have to drive it.
You are right, its hard to see unless you really go down and look at it. Did the fork came with the nuts? Mine didnt had anything included. Dont feel offended, I guess the fact that the camera had the flash on made it look like that too and compared to what I saw at MotoMagz pics.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The fork does not come with any hardware other than the bolts that go through the top trees and handlebar clamp. I took the bearing cups and headset off of my previous bike. I think perhaps another reason the pic looks kind of ugly is because the bike my headset came off of had at one point been spraypainted orange. I repainted it black, but scratched some of the black paint off while switching everything over, and the orange paint was showing through. After taking that picture, I repainted everything black again. It actually looks a lot nicer now. I just snapped those pics so you could see how I had installed my headset. If you have a bike with a 1" threaded headset, you can easily install it on there the way I did, if you want to. Or you can get the fork spacer. To be honest, I didn't even know what a fork spacer was until you pointed it out, and like I said I wanted to use the threaded headset as lock nuts anyway. I had to shim my head tube to accept the bearing cups, because the frame I'm using was made for a 1&1/8" steerer tube and the forks have a 1" steerer tube. So I can't afford to take any chance of anything coming loose and having any play in there. If you've a frame that takes a 1" steerer tube, you shouldn't have any problems using the fork spacer.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I took the bearing cups out of my previous bike, which had a fork with a 1" steerer tube, and they were too small to fit the Schwinn frame. If the frame you want to put these on already has bearing cups, and the steerer tube is too small, just use a fork shim and it'll be fine.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
No, I dont have any nuts like that but the guy who will do my welding stuff from now on builds custom bikes with and without engine and he have a heaven of parts in his workshop. He showed me some hubs from 1920s.. Wow. What a quality.. Everything was twice or triple as thick and heavy.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
No, I dont have any nuts like that but the guy who will do my welding stuff from now on builds custom bikes with and without engine and he have a heaven of parts in his workshop. He showed me some hubs from 1920s.. Wow. What a quality.. Everything was twice or triple as thick and heavy.
If you don't have a threaded headset, then you've got a threadless, which means you have a bunch of spacers and a cap and bolt that goes into the top of the steerer tube.

WSNTME

Mar 4, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
How can I determine if these forks will work on my Schwinn Delmar? I've been doing some research on motoredbikes in anticipation of building one but assumed I'd use a mountain bike with front suspension, instead i bought one built on a cruiser frame. The ride is much less than desired and would like to add some suspension ASAP and these forks look cool!

I'm afraid the tube on my frame may be too small though...? It appears to be smaller than the tube on my Motobecane 600HT from which i was thinking of using some old forks...not sure they would fit though and the K10 look cooler so I hope to use those.

What I'm working with:

Last edited by a moderator:

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
The K10 forks have a 1" steerer tube, I'm pretty sure that's the smallest diameter of steerer tube allowed. The two most common sizes are 1" and 1&1/8". I don't know what size the Delmar is, but even if its 1&1/8", you can buy a fork shim to fit a 1" steerer tube, so it shouldn't be a problem. My frame is actually 1&1/8, I just used some 1" bearing cups and made shims out of sheetmetal to fit the bearing cup into the larger head tube.

Oct 11, 2023
I actually left both drop outs stock. No cutting just some fishing thing through.The hub is a xlfd with a 10mm axle as a replacement and 3-3mm spacers added to each side.It took a while but it can be done.
I know this is an old thread, but I’m going to be running an xlfd on k10’s, can you please tell me how you did it?