thatsdax shift kit sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
Hey everyone,

Its finally getting nice outside in new England so I figured I better hurry and get my bike put back together. Last year I ran into some chain tension issues with my shift kit and ruined the right side sprocket for my jackshaft. I can't find the correct sprocket on the website and the sbp sprocket isn't the right ID for my shaft. Does anyone know where I can get the correct sprocket? The thstsdax shift kit has a 9/16" jackshaft. The sbp is 5/8ths. Would it be easier to just convert my kit to the sbp kit by buying the 5/8" shaft, bearings and sprockets? Or is there actually a place that sells the correct 10T, 9/16"ID sprocket?

Thanks for your help!
Brent H.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
... I ran into some chain tension issues with my shift kit and ruined the right side sprocket for my jackshaft.
Or is there actually a place that sells the correct 10T, 9/16"ID sprocket?
I haven't seen the thatsdax JS kit, but what rear wheel shifter are you running on your bike that would trash your JS shaft sprocket if it failed?

You mention a tensioner on it so I have to assume a Derailleur like a 7-speed rear.

The more info you can share (yes I read your tag line specs) the better, pic's really help too, but as far as getting a 10T keyed 9/16th ID sprocket google or the like may be handy.

Also try... ummm... crap.... The name escapes me but a search should find by the 2nd or 3rd page of a search results or someone here knows.

Brent436

Feb 14, 2010
Massachusetts
It wasn't a derailleur or the chain for the tire that failed. The chain that goes from the jackshaft to the pedal crank ended up being too tight and the jackshaft sprocket ended up breaking the teeth off after about 150 miles. That chain didn't have a tensioner on it, it was just adjust by adding or removing chain links. I bought an sbp tensioner for it though and once I can find a new sprocket I'm gonna make sure that chain is tensioned right so that this doesn't happen again haha. I'm gonna go look on Google and see if I can find a sprocket. I've already checked amazon, but they don't have sprockes with an ID of 9/16". I'll keep you posted. Thanks again!