First chopper oversize frame

GoldenMotor.com

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
I built this frame last year and have dune several modification's to it already it has been a very reliable ride. so I thought it was time for a new mod a 2 stroke engine 48 cc through rock solid engines, had no problem with them ordered it using COD took longer to get the package notice from my local post office 200 meters down the road then it did to send the package interstate any way the frame is mostly home made rear triangle was stock as well as the bottom bracket the front triangle i made and was attached to the rear bottom bracket swivel since installing the engine i have had to remove the rear shock.

my only mod that i have dune to the engine at the moment is the exhaust i needed to change the angle to clear my peddles then it ran into my stand mount which is welded to the frame simpler to move the exhaust in out over and around then the part of the frame have only had few small test rides, i have painted the clutch cover, magneto cover and sprocket cover and since taking the photo the exhaust.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Aww, would like to see what you've done but there's a filter that only allows add-ons after X number of posts.

I don't know the number, it's low I think so try a few more posts in threads just to boost your count and try again :)

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
I have taken the bike on a few rides and just was not happy about the exhaust so i pulled it of this morning and built myself a new pipe unfortunately i finished to late to take her out so waiting till tomorrow but finished the painting of both side covers and had trouble with the chain tensioner popping up so i found an old set of training wheels from the kids bikes and used one of the parts that bolt on the bike wheel welded a washer to it drilled 2 holes to bolt it on top of the bolted up chain tensioner then the white wheel bolts to the both and hay presto that dam wheel dose not slid any more (if any one dose use this idea remember to do the top hole first so then you can get the right spot for the 2 bolt holes) just remembered painted the front mud guard to.
exhaust.JPG

Chain tensioner mod.JPG

fuel tank.JPG

front wheel mud guard.JPG

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
QUOTE]

hello, great project, very good, just do not understand why you stretch the current through the top side, I think this is a mistake because this hand is always stretched by the force of the engine, the arrow is below the current, I see would be more effective in the play arrow tensor, with this setup will cause stress on a stretcherbrnot

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
sorry not shore i know what you are talking about if it is the chain going under the tensioner this is only dune because there is no was to run the tensioner correctly due to the way the rear triangle is made i am looking at running some spring loaded tensioner when i can come up with something small

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
The chain tensioner the way you have it is under constant pressure when you are using the motor. Those chump little Chineese pulleys just won't take it. Have a spare and keep a real good watch on it. Maybe try to make one from a skateboard wheel. Their wheel bearings are of a much higher quality and they are made to bear a load.

Last edited:

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
I have just come up with a simple idea about 20 min ago using 2 skateboard wheel and some springs hoping to get it dune over the weekend.I have not liked the chain setup at all but it was the only way i could get around it as the frame only has 5" of usable room

the blue string line is running from the motor cog to the rear wheel cog as you can see the chain would be hitting the frame and on the break mount as well
SDC10841.JPG

this pic shows the usable room i have between the frame
SDC10843.JPG

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
well after meny hours working on the bike this weekend i have found that there is no way around the small amount of room i have so i am going to put a 26" rear on it

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
Well it has been a few weeks and have finished the frame mod to a 26" rear end and have repainted everything just waiting for the paint to harden on the frame now so here are some pics of the frame and parts.

SDC10861.JPG

SDC10850.JPG

SDC10866.JPG

SDC10868.JPG

jose Pinto

Aug 29, 2010
Portugal
hello friend ,with this bike is a very good, and the tank is out of the ordinary, how do you paint the tank? before painting took a layer of fiberglass?

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
It was sprayed a light color first, looks to be silver, then a fishnet stocking was streched over the tank and blue applied.

I'll bet the best part was taking the fishnet stockings off the girl ;)

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
you got it right DaveC silver first, then the stockings (would have been easier to get them from a girl took me 4 shops to find them as well as the very strange looks then you are a man with a shaved head wearing all black and tatts hmmm was almost peeing myself laughing.) then the blue,then I got the air brush out and put some metallic blue on as well, just wish i had it on still when i was finishing of the frame, that is the same blue with a touch of metallic blue then I got the air brush again and put a fine coat of metallic green over it hence the greenish look to the frame look unreal up close gives it a pearlescent style look but I'm happy still.

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
What a Day flat out all morning but got to sit down this afternoon and Finnish of the bike she is now all together and running great while i had her of the road i also changed the spark plug lead should have dune that when i got my engine.
SDC10872.JPG

SDC10875.JPG

SDC10873.JPG

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
well took the bike out for a ride yesterday on the way home it felt like i was hicking alomge looked at the speedo and dame i'm doing 40km/h, **** time to back off i think i like going fast but don't get me wronge but that damb road is hard and i am to old to be at the hospital for coming of my bike any more laff.

jamz1378

Oct 23, 2011
Adelaide
Christmas is coming fast my wife has been pestering to find out what i want hmmmm so Meany things i want aha i have an idea you can get me some slick tyres for the bike (yes i can get rid of them knobbly tyres), so after Xmas i will have some new pics of the bike with slicks on it.