Felt tires and rims

GoldenMotor.com

diegom

Nov 19, 2009
Cagliari, Italy
hi all,

browsing around I found out that Felt has some very very nice tires in 26x2.125 which would be great for a boardtracker project:
Felt Quick Brick Cruiser Tire - Felt Bicycles

they don't look particularly good in that picture, but look at them here:
1903 - Felt Bicycles

not bad uh??

first question: on their website, at the first URL, from the dropdown menu to select the color they do NOT list them in white (or cream), but only in BROWN... does anyone know what are the ones mounted on that "1903" bicycle? could it be that they do not supply them in that color?!?

they also have a 24x3 tire which is very nice as well:
Felt Thick Brick Cruiser Tire - Felt Bicycles

and this one seems to be available in "cream", which I assume is what you can see here:
CHIEF - Felt Bicycles

the problem is that, whereas they do sell rims in 26x2.125, they don't seem to carry 24x3 (although they must have them, since they use them on the "CHIEF" bike)

so second question: any suppliers for 24x3 rims??

thanks a lot & ciao!

diego

jazz87

Oct 25, 2009
San Jose, Ca
Good questions Diego, i was stumped by the same questions when i was building my bike. But now i have answers :) on the felt website they show all the tires they make, but in the drop down menu, they only show the tires they have in stock at the time, they usually restock every two weeks. The 26x2.125 are all called "quick bricks" (on the 1903, and my bike:) ) and the fatter "thick bricks" are only in 24x3 ( felt chief). Eitherway these tires are popular so you can find them for sale on other bike supply websites. As for the wheels, its really hard to find that size, but Home - Choppers U.S., LLC has a bunch of alloy wheels in 24x2.5 and 24x4.
hope this helps.

-Jasper

lobsterboyx

Dec 20, 2008
Los Angeles
they are both very universal tires - they will fit on any width of rim as long as its a 26 or 24 = ive noticed that the quick bricks look better on wider rims though.

i hope one day i will have a project with real felt 24x3 wheels and quick bricks. they are a great looking wheel and tire combo and they are almost as big as 26's

heres my felt with the thick bricks on it.

and here is the quick bricks

just wanted to show you a real world comparison.

dule

Dec 23, 2009
Zagreb
I have a pair of ThickBricks on my bike - it still has original rims from early Flt models - the rims are 3cm wide (mesured from the outside, not inside and that would be around 1"1/8 I think)

in my oppinion they fit those rims nicely and give them kinnda bobber look, will post a pic soon

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
Does anyone know where I can purchase "Quick Bricks" 26x2.125" cream colored as distributors are discontue'ing there inventory, also innova cream colored 26x2.125"
Someone has got to know somethig

truckd [email protected]

lamule7

Feb 12, 2011
France
Hi guys, i just wanna know if someone could tell me where to find the same handlebar as the Felt 130 shown upper on 1st page please.

I'm in France but i know someone who lives in the USA so i have an adress to deliver.

Thanx for your attention, see you...

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
Diegom remember to run the thick brick tires, you will need offset motor mounts. I'm runing 2.2 tires and i have a 1/4 inch offset mount and my chain barely clears the tire.

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
Does anyone know where I can purchase "Quick Bricks" 26x2.125" cream colored as distributors are discontue'ing there inventory, also innova cream colored 26x2.125"
Someone has got to know somethig

truckd [email protected]
Major thread resurrection, but I too want to find a set of cream Quick Bricks or at least a good cream/brick pattern 26"x2.125 tire

GasX

Oct 7, 2011
Florida
I love the look of Fat Franks, but everything I read has me scared about tire rub. Is that an easy workaround?

truckd

Oct 19, 2010
palmdale calif
I bought a pair of cream colored Electra Retro Runner's at Sports Challet, the tread pattern is cool and they come 26x2.125 " another place you might check out is
junkyrustybikes.com they sell a nice pair of Duro cream colored 26x2.125" they have a nice brick pattern and are $30.oo and pair suprisingly they seem to be a quality product, they also have a wide variety of colors I also have a pair of Nirve ( innova brand )and they are a vintage diamond pattern tread, you can get them at the Nirve web site as well as some other cool stuff, over all I'm saticfied with all the differant brand tires I've bought. check it out and good luck