Morini S6-S Big Bore Build

GoldenMotor.com

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I've got mine angled pretty extreme and my clutch is fine zero issues with my clutch. Once that clutch is spinning at 13000 RPM, oil being whipped in every direction. What about under hard acceleration, or stopping? Doesn't that cause a less than level oil? When these motors are on dirt bikes under a hard banking right turn the clutch is likely completely out of its oil bath.

davechitown

Nov 1, 2011
chicago
I just finished my s6c build and its the ****, this first day we never passed half throttle and it was doing 40, thanks to all the people on here that helped, and especially ez rider for the link on the radiator, terry from blow by u for the kick ass freewheeling drive sprocket and band brake,and dean from pipeline for the exhaust and of course kathy and hern from herndan for great parts and advice, and my wife mimi for putting up with us working day and night, and my son odinn for being a good boy and not bothering me to much while barret and I. Made this fuji a god

davechitown

Nov 1, 2011
chicago
I can't figure out how to post photos off my mobile, but it rips so hard even with a 56 tooth sprocket that I haven't even got to full throttle I ate the band brake up need disk in front and am going to put a better surface contact tire on or these snow tires with carbide disks, it kicks on first or second kick now

davechitown

Nov 1, 2011
chicago
I got an idler sprocket from pirate cycles and it cost 25 bucks, it looked nice and it appeared to work fine, after 2 days of use on my morini s6c it is completely worn away and toothless, the bearing even seized,they didn't mention it was for nutless china bikes only, now I have to get another one anyone know where I can get a steel idle sprocket? That puss ass aluminum turned to dust

DFlanagan

May 23, 2011
Colorado Springs, CO
I got an idler sprocket from pirate cycles and it cost 25 bucks, it looked nice and it appeared to work fine, after 2 days of use on my morini s6c it is completely worn away and toothless, the bearing even seized,they didn't mention it was for nutless china bikes only, now I have to get another one anyone know where I can get a steel idle sprocket? That puss ass aluminum turned to dust
I used a 10 tooth sprocket that accepted a 415 chain.I ordered two .625" flanged bearings and used a .25", 2" long bolt to hold this assembly together along with some .25" washers and .25" nuts. I welded my chain tensioner bracket to the bike. Its holding up well.

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Check sportsmanflyer.com for idler sprockets, Pat has nice steel ones with big fat sealed bearings for sale. And you can get them in different sizes. I run a larger one to lift the chain up off the frame.

I have hundreds of miles on the idler on my Morini bike with no problems.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
what do you mean kids shouldn't have these? I'm 14 and i'm mounting a S6-C on a felt 55 bike. I'm currently porting, polishing, raising compression to around 13/14:1 and thinking of methanol for fuel. also did anyone every think putting two nipples on the clutch cover? a pickup and return system with a filter and have the return spray directly in the gap between the clutch bell and shoe? I'm hoping for speeds of around 110 - 130kph.......

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
what do you mean kids shouldn't have these? I'm 14 and i'm mounting a S6-C on a felt 55 bike. I'm currently porting, polishing, raising compression to around 13/14:1 and thinking of methanol for fuel. also did anyone every think putting two nipples on the clutch cover? a pickup and return system with a filter and have the return spray directly in the gap between the clutch bell and shoe? I'm hoping for speeds of around 110 - 130kph.......
The S6C is already at 15 to 1 Compression.

Can check here.. http://www.morinifrancousa.com/engine1.htm

Shoot gosh you wanna go 80 miles per hour? On a bicycle? It can do 60 mph and then some out of the box;)

I would put gas and oil in it and plain ol ride it like you stole it.dnutI don't think this motor needs anything at all but broke in, fine tuned, properly maintained and left alone myself for the most part.. It is not like an H.T. This thing is flat out ready to race very competitively out of the box!!

Did you put a big bore kit in it or something? That would explain what you are doing? It would have even more power too. That would be a given.

Yes kids Of all ages are riding these things I never grew up lol.:D Put a young 60 pound kid on one of these and boy howdy because it will leave an impression! They are gonna have the ride of their lives!

Yeah I do understand the need to tinker .. Some things just wanna see for my self and can't leave well enough alone. That don't always bring me good luck tho lolzpt Some choices can be bad ones? The satisfaction of sounding something out and making it work really good is this poor mad man's true heavy addiction! :p That old saying the KISS principle.. well just say in my life time I have not always gone by that. He He..
My latest clutch experiment is working good so far. Still need to see how long it lives with my some what aggressive driving habits tho.

SpeedWizzard

Mar 9, 2012
Australia
hahah sorry, I meant so say around 16/16.5:1 :p I just wanted to see how much extra power i could get by converting to methanol :D, plus i've read around and apparently if done right you can get around 15 - 17hp+ from properly porting and polishing!