Knee & shin Guard

GoldenMotor.com

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
MTB or bmx knee pads thinner then motocross knee pads? My Knee pads are so wide I have trouble pedaling and hitting the motor and tank. So I am looking for thinner pads.

Anybody have any recommendations or a link to something very affordable? I have found some knee/shin guard for under $20, but they look just as wide as my current pads.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Thank You mdlee for the advice. I have some FoX 911 on the way and got them for just over $10. Great deal they were on clearance.

I also have a EVS ballistic body armor on the way, Dave does not want to get hurt again :oops:
How about a link to help the rest of us out? where are you buying them?
the guys going to and racing at Willow Springs would appreciate it, thanks!

If you just want to cruise at Willow Springs you do not have to wear pads,
but everyone racing will be required to wear them.
Will be lots of cruising the track, Saturday June 18th will start with cruising
and will probably be cruising time after the Unlimited Race as well as
throughout the day.

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
I don't want to seem stupid or anything but is it really necessary to wear knee pads? I know I've never crashed before but I'm also a really careful rider, and I always wear a sweatshirt, stiff jeans, an MX DOT certified helmet and a pair of goggles. Does that seem like enough or when I have my first crash will I change my mind? Thanks :D
-LS

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I don't want to seem stupid or anything but is it really necessary to wear knee pads? I know I've never crashed before but I'm also a really careful rider, and I always wear a sweatshirt, stiff jeans, an MX DOT certified helmet and a pair of goggles. Does that seem like enough or when I have my first crash will I change my mind? Thanks :D
-LS
Let me put it to you this way.......you can never have too much protection, especially when you're Racing. When you get older and blow-out an ACL and it takes you 6 months to heal, instead of 1-2 months when you're younger and you start to think about these things. It really comes from expirience and using your head as you can never ride or race too careful, and one normally races to win;)

dnut