Clutch Alignment

GoldenMotor.com

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
My clutch was sold unbalanced. By that I mean, if I hold the clutch with the lever pulled in, the bike tries to move forward, but if I rotate the engine 1/2 a turn, it stays. The part that bothers me is when I try to take off, it slips a bit, even with the clutch really tight (have to pull it right in to disengage, I actually like it better that way feels more like a motorcycle, however lose option to push button and run normally)

Is there a way to fix this or should I buy a new clutch? It's been like this for 260km.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tighten your clutch cable a little. You can do this at the engine/clutch actuator arm or at the handlebar lever. It shouldn't take much.
Cables stretch a little and need adjustment. A tighter cable will cure your clutch problem.
Try that before messing with the flower nut.

Here is a good tutorial on the proper way to adjust cable and clutch> http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=22726

Tom

Last edited:

TakeiT

Apr 17, 2014
Oshawa, Ontario
Hi tom,
I've spent hours trying to do that, and I eventually ran it with the clutch cover off, and noticed a wobble. I think slipping was the wrong word, it's not slipping, the clutch is in a good place, it has a wobble to it.