Good source for LED's

GoldenMotor.com

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
These guys have a large assortment of LED's. If you are using any lights with automotive sockets and want to upgrade from incandescent to LED, they have it. They also have novelty lights, lanscaping/gardening lights, grow lights, christmas lights, light fixtures, led strips, etc. They aren't "cheap" like the china vendors you find on ebay, but they are VERY high quality. I am already using a BA15d bulb I ordered from them for my headlight, and it is 60 led's and only draws 5w. I just ordered a BA15s bulb from them yesterday, its 3 led's and draws 1.3w. I'll be using this one in my brake light. I have been running the headlight bulb since I built the bike almost 3 months ago, and it's holding up against the vibration just fine. The site is www.ledwholesalers.com.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
You can get some of the same LED's on ebay for a lot less. I found a bulb that ledwholesalers sells for $14 (marked down from 21 actually) plus shipping, on ebay for $4 with free shipping.

wellHelloThere

Jul 25, 2013
on planet earth
why does the store call itself a wholesale outlet but the prices are sort of high? hmmm.... disturbing. but thanks for the alternate source.
i know china lights are cheaper, but it seems that these lights on this site are from china also right? just with an up-charge?? maybe the up-charge is justified by the shipping convenience. usa to usa is like 3 days at most, but china is more like 30 days.
i guess when it all comes down to it, i wouldn't mind supporting american companies, so i'll probably use them some day soon.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I would check ebay first. You ar right, they call themselves wholesale but sell at ridiculous prices. Maybe it is shipping, idk. But they are a bit overpriced on some items.

wellHelloThere

Jul 25, 2013
on planet earth
I would check ebay first. You ar right, they call themselves wholesale but sell at ridiculous prices. Maybe it is shipping, idk. But they are a bit overpriced on some items.
yep, those prices are scary. have to certainly agree with you there whole heartedly!

but on the ebay thing, i would have to disagree. got scammed on ebay too many times to know better not to poke my head in there. i mostly find my deals on amazon these days.

and if I decide to use ebay, i normally don't buy from there i just use them as a price comparison system. most companies nowadays will price match prices on ebay.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I bought my headlight bulb from led wholesalers, and found it on ebay later but it was only $4 cheaper, so I aint too mad about that. But I did end up buying a brake light bulb on ebay for $10 less than what led wholesalers sells for. I've ordered from both amazon and ebay, never had a problem. Sometimes ebay has things that amazon doesnt. If I cant find it on ebay or amazon, I probably dont need it. I only bought my headlight bulb from led wholesalers on a recommendation from a user here. He found me a headlight that would fit my forks (motorcycle forks with headlight mounts) and a bulb to go with it.