Help removing crank

GoldenMotor.com

mtrapuzz

Aug 25, 2009
Tampa, FL
I have a mongoose frame I'm working with and I am trying to take crank arms off. I took the nut and washer off of each end, and I can't tell if the arms thread out or just pull of. I'm guessing it's a pull off. It looks like a 3 piece crank. It's a mongoose s series, s2000 or something. Let me know if anyone knows anything I don't. Thanks.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
I have a mongoose frame I'm working with and I am trying to take crank arms off. I took the nut and washer off of each end, and I can't tell if the arms thread out or just pull of. I'm guessing it's a pull off. It looks like a 3 piece crank. It's a mongoose s series, s2000 or something. Let me know if anyone knows anything I don't. Thanks.
i have been down this path myself they do pull off ( do not beat them with a hammer, doesnt work) Easiest way... just find your nearest bicycle shop! cost ya 5 bucks.
steve

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
At your local bike shop, or oder one online.... if you just need it for one time use... take it down to your local bike shop and ask if they can pull them off for you... They will probably do it for free in hopes you will come back later and buy something you need. If you want to order one sickbikeparts.com has one for 10.99$