Motorized Bicycle w/ 8-speed shift kit in a Tight Frame & Light System

GoldenMotor.com

nvmextc

Dec 10, 2010
Sydney
Nice bike, I really like your lighting system. How did you wire up that indicator? I'm looking at getting the same.

greentek

Mar 8, 2011
Victorville, California
The Light set up is controlled by the motorcycle switch?
I use an 11.1volt 20c 3 Sel battery, 12.6 volt fully charged. The mini faring I got on eBay and it came w/ 2 fog light types, the large one is the high beam, and the small one I replaced w/ a 600 lumens flashlight optical reflector mounted w/ hot melt glue gun it uses only about .5 amp. The Rear light I replaced the bulb w/ qty 8 5mm leds, w/ 2 resistors. One for tail lights and the other gets very bright when I use the brakes. The turn signals are also leds again low power consuming. The high beam is a super bright halogen fog light type that sucks about 4 amps I don’t keep it on all the time, only sometimes in a dark road or in heavy traffic driving at night to be seen. I used an Angle 1/16”thick ¾”x 36” Aluminum I got at home-depot. Its light and strong. And it holds everything together w/ no vibration including the 12v motorcycle horn.

greentek

Mar 8, 2011
Victorville, California
I also use a micro size switch I got at radio shack that allows the small light only, to stay on or blink like a turn signal. It is hooked up to a 555 timer circuit. you can make the leds as bright as you want before they pop by controlling resistor R3. The C1 controls or changes the pulse or blink rate. To look like a turn signal on a car change the C1 100uf to a 10uf capacitor. I also use this to make my turn signals blink or look like a real car turn signals. Scroll a little down the page see the 9 volt battery this is a super easy circuit to build it cost me about $5.00 on parts.
Go here: scroll down till you see the 9 Volt batt
FireFly Diorama