Muffler fell of!!!

GoldenMotor.com

skinnerman

Jul 28, 2014
Georgia
So I was riding around 1 AM enjoying the moonlight on Friday night when my engine got like 50% louder! I looked down and saw that my muffler was hanging on by a small piece of metal! Then it fell off, so I stashed it under a rock, and continued on my way home, sounding like a freaking Harley!

Do I need my muffler!? It sounds epic and I get more power out of it!

How the heck am I supposed to fix this??!!?!??

:-||

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Or take it to an exhaust shop and get the muffler welded back on.
Don't ride it without the muffler. You're not doing your engine or the hobby any favors.
It might sound good to you but I can promise you that nobody else will appreciate the noise.

Tom

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I don't suppose anybody makes a slip-on muffler that will fit your pipe. If so, you could grind the pipe surface smooth and tap it on.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
ive had this happen on at least 4 of the 2 stroke bikes i have built. its really a pain. From my experience heating the metal used in these pipes at almost any temperature causes them to fail or even cold bending them causes failures.

Ive had so many problems with that metal pipe,that there was nothing left to weld to other than my older welds, finally i just got rid of the pipe, cut of the flange and muffler,ground the ends flat and used 3/4 EMT conduit and a conduit bender to give me the bends i needed,then welded the flange and muffler to both ends,and it worked for a few years like that.

Even when i thought i fixed the pipe from cracking or the muffler from coming off the pipe, just recently the flange cracked in half and left one of the tabs of the flange still bolted to the engine while the rest of the exhaust system just fell right off the bike.

Anyways,dont run it without,Ive been told you can burn out the piston. Ive never it done it,because i simply dont want to find out.
There is no quick fix other than finding someone with a welder,or just buying a new muffler and having the same problem happen again.

Attachments