GoldenMotor.com

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
The Alien

New build started this weekend .{2nd build}

Making my own springer front end using 2 front forks

not finished in this pic of course.

Just using an old mountian bike frame to chop & stretch out, will move the bottom bracket tube further up towards the headset to give pedal clearance & alter the seat tube too

below is a doner engine bike I brought today runs but a bit rough cost me $80 NZ {around $50 US} even got a sweet dynamo oldschool headlight

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Sick, I like where you're going with this. The fork is looking cool! I hope the engine treats you nicely :)

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
did a bit more today ,found that my old set of bars lined up perfectly to join up the frame when i cut them in half,

also scored some old school apes

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
man, I don't know what this is looking like, but I sure know it's looking cool :) Keep going, this ride is gonna be sick!

skrew37

Feb 23, 2011
Pennsylvania
That was a great idea using the handle bars for the chain stays. Looks awesome! What did you use for the bracket on the head tube for the tops of the forks?

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
thanks fellas for the positive words acheived a bit more today
welded a bottom tube midway up the frame, I had to do this to gain pedal clearance

Made a chain tensioner out of an old skateboard wheel ground a groove in it ,made a bracket & boom couldn't of work out better really

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
Very cool looking bike. Kiwis are the best improvisers around.

How does the front fork suspension ride?
Hope you guys in Christchurch are doing OK with all the
destruction.
LOL we are all good mate lost our house but hey thats why we pay insurance ,all that mattered to me was the wife & kids..

As for the buggered roads not looking forward the the road test ,forks were more of a gimmick not a lot of travel there

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
got quite a bit done today ,found old chain rings were perfect for frame supports..

next is brakes, make a front engine mount ,custom exhaust & fuel tank

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Wow, some of us, me included, take forever to get things done on our bikes, you really move! :D I can't wait to see what you do with the tank. A question I have for you is are you gonna leave it how it is or paint it? Either way it's really cool, just wondering.

evl as

Jul 1, 2011
New Zealand
went with old army green with a few red bits, going to do the bars black etc

lovin the red rims I left the crank, headset & seat unpainted to give a rustic look will add a few fitting items to go with the army theme later