Schwinn Searcher bike

GoldenMotor.com

RickR

Jan 2, 2010
Wisconsin
Hi:

I am planning a second build this one will be with a 4 cycle engine.
I may have found a bike for this project,the Schwinn M Searcher sold at sears.
Does anyone have any experiance with this bike or know if it will work with either
a honda 50cc or huasheng 49cc 4 stroke.
Any help or advise would be appreciated.

Rick:

michaelgrav

Sep 14, 2009
sf bay area
Rick,
As you see most use the schwinn style cross over style bikes for there motorized bikes.
I have found a lil heavier bike such as Nirve cruiser with bigger 3" tires such as mine have less vibration which results with less crap rattling loose. My bike is a 24" but with the big tires sits at 25.5"
and I find a much more solid ride less vibration and the 24 inch wheels move a little faster.. Good luck

Attachments

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
I Rick Roulette of SpeedSter's in Wa. am in the process of doing a 4 stroke Hua Sheng Shan 49 in the new gearbox design. It's looking very tough. Its going smoothly. the base plate is 3/8" flat plate and actual fraont and rear mount to exactly fit my frames I use..the Cruisers Schwinn its comming.

I hope to give you good news on the factory Im working for. They put some time into this one and it looks like it would climb a hill. Double timing chain gears and inner and outer collar bearings on the front and rear counter shaft sprocket sides.NICE!!!dance1

Hot Dog Piggy Tails

Sep 11, 2008
Kelso Wa
Yeah It worked well 2500+ miles and going. Most of the miles are off road and many are riding double.

I talked them into giving my Ideas a go ahead all of which they incorporated into a Bullet proof design. I did'nt do the auto cad but told them to use the inner outer collar bearings double wide hardened steel timing chain, 3:1 input to output ratio, freewheel sprocket, the outer design heavier clutch drum(bell).... We spent about 4 months for them to source and understand the exact perplexity and precision needed with my Ideas to makle this gearbox possible. I'll shoot my pics up.