New build wont start. I'm Baffled. Not a neweebe

GoldenMotor.com

jmc25fl

Sep 29, 2013
Venice Florida
Hi guys, please point me in the right direction. I have been building a high performance 65cc 2 stroke bike for a few months. Custom paint nice everything ect.. But it wont start. The engine is a DAX engine with the longer stroke. Dax RT Carb, ported and polished, high comp head. The engine looks sweet. I have been working on trying to get it running for a few days now and have tested just about everything. Verified it is getting spark. The carb is in working order. Although the jet reads.07 not 70 like some other posts talk about. The whole is really small, but even after driving around with the choke on there is no fuel getting into the plug or coming out he exhaust. The plug should be sopping and it's not. I even took off the air filter and sprayed brake cleaner into the carb hoping for a little kick or something. I have injected gas/oil mix into the spark plug hole. NOTHING. I build this engine from scratch and I am wondering if I got something wrong concerning the piston or cylinder. With the exhaust off the piston on the down stroke clears the opening, same goes for the intake the crank case gets what gas the carb is giving it. All the electronics have been swapped with new to rule out a failure. I did a compression test and it comes up at 120, which is lower than I was expecting, but still no dice.

This has truly been a humbling experience because I have built two strokes before with great success, but this is my first china girl that I disassembled completely before I built it back up.
Does anyone have any ideas on what I might be missing? I am trying to save myself from splitting the cases, but if that is what it takes I will be more than happy to do so.

Thanks for the help guys ! You always seem to solve these mystery issues.

Thanks again !

James
Venice, FL
:-||

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
If you removed the magnet make sure you are putting it back on the right way, I've put one on wrong before myself.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just guessing here, but you might have installed the magneto rotor(magnet) wrong on the crankshaft. It will go on two ways. One way the engine will run. The other it won't.
Both ways will provide spark to the plug but only one will fire the plug at the right time.

Tom

jmc25fl

Sep 29, 2013
Venice Florida
Thank you for your ideas. I will be switching the magnet around and giving it another shot. Thanks again for taking the time to answer my post.