I hate waiting...

GoldenMotor.com

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
What did you do to the clutch? lol

It blow up because of all the manly power?

Nice bars, looks like your fork is pushed back a tad though..

Shagasaur

Aug 2, 2013
Utah
I should post pics.. The previous owner of the bike neglected the clutch in such a way as to completely strip the threads on the clutch shaft on the small sprocket side.. I just did not realize the extent of the damage caused by his abuse. So I am now learning about building the clutch and adjustments.

Anyone have hints about what to grease and what NOT to grease? I know not to grease the pads. But I read in another forum not to grease the bearing on the pad side... Truth or Lie?

Thanks

Shagasaur

Aug 2, 2013
Utah
Oh and I've noticed the forks looking pushed.. So I'm working on putting these forks on in a few days... Gotta buy a new steering tube or have it extended by a inch... Discovered that I need 8 1/2 instead of the 7 1/2...

Attachments

dodge dude94

Jun 8, 2012
East Texas
Yikes.

When you drop the new clutch shaft in, grease the hel1 out of if with hi-temp grease. And I will warn you, putting the bearings back in is a pain. Been there, fought with that.

Once the clutch wheel is on, put the clutch plate on, adjust everything, then put a dab of hi-temp grease right where the two gears meet and you're done.

with that side. ;)

Then you shove grease into the chain side where the bucking bar goes in, make sure your ball bearing gets back in there too. Grease all that up and if you haven't before, pull out the clutch arm on the chain cover, grease that, and put it all back together.

I might be forgetting something, but my clutch shaft replacement was traumatizing. lmao

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Any lube on the small bearings will tend to get slung out into the pads. Use light oil sparingly! Too much and you will be cleaning clutch pads.