lights that run off the white wire no battery needed

GoldenMotor.com

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Is it 6 volt or 12 volt? the white wire can only handle a 6 volt bulb, looks like there is a high beam and a low beam bulb along with a tail light. I'm not sure if it will work to good off the white wire it may kill the engine.
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
2 wires are on the lights 1 is hooked to the white wire the other wire is hooked to a ground either on the frame of the bike or on the engine. if you use the head light and tail light 1 wire is hooked to the white wire one to a ground and the 3rd wire is hooked to the tail light and the tail light has a
ground wire hooked to the frame.
the light comes with instructions on how to wire.

OrangeBrian

Jun 30, 2009
hawaii
are you able to make one with an led and in orange?
to answer your question
I don't mess with LEDS for the head light if you want it in orange you could paint it any color you want I can make you a light/with the mounts that are as cast no color plain off white color you can then dye or paint it.
Norman

Last edited by a moderator:

mechanickid

Aug 7, 2008
nh
how much would shipping to concord nh. be? thanks
$5.00 for shipping

Last edited by a moderator:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I just thought it would be very cool to say my lights are still running perfectly front and rear that Norm. You keep that that secret bulb humming.... Just too cool. Works perfectly.Thanks! At a decent price too...

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Norm's headlight & taillight combo runnin' off just the white wire :D

They be ossum!!1! The only "problem" is my bike doesn't like 'em on when it's at idle and not warmed up yet... obviously that's really not much of a problem lol I did hafta drop my spark plug gap a touch, but that's fine as I had it too large anyway :p

Once the engine is warmed up it's doesn't have a perceivable effect on the ignition at all! Norm - yer a genius (^)

(sometimes I hate digital cameras... wish I still had me ol' Pentax 35mm lol)

Last edited:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Mine showed up on my birthday!
Heavy duty and stealthy cool. Would look good on a modern or vintage bike fo'sho'!

Plus the price was very attractive.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
This looks way better than the sub $100 stuff on Ebay.

I plan to use my homebuilt ATB helmet light, but I don't know what the cops in town will think, so I need some more "conventional" lights.

I have figured out how to use a 12v bipin dichroic track lighting bulb and socket, and a plumbing connector, to build an ugly but badass spot beam that you can zip tie, screw, or tape to about anything.

I think I will buy this kit though, for a motor powered backup, and to keep the cops happy if they don't like my killer helmet light.

Important question: Are the bulbs replaceable, and what type do they require. Can you sell the kit with extra bulbs if they are prone to wear/burnout. What is the expectancy of these for a road-only bike with a grubee skyhawk, plan to run wide open all the way there and back 40mi a day round trip.

Mohdoggies atttt y ah oo please. (hate spambots)

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
bulb are replaceable I don't think you will need a replacement for a long time. My bike has one that is going on 3 years of use.

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
How do I order it. i looked on your iron site, the one with the home made airplane, and didn't see it. Did i miss something?

Also you posted no more fiberglass lights for sale. Are these metal or molded plastic. Either is ok, just curious. I want one in black, with the skull ring. I live in TX.

bulb are replaceable I don't think you will need a replacement for a long time. My bike has one that is going on 3 years of use.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
yes ordering info is on page one of this post. The head light is molded plastic I'll include a skull ring.
thanks for looking
I sent you a pm. Happycheapskate
Norman

Last edited:

happycheapskate

Nov 26, 2009
Rockwall TX
Ok I will buy. Thanks to all in this thread for the reviews, and Norman for doing the American thing and engineering something to fill a need, and with finesse!

The ALMO(motorized bicycle) community is something I think I will fit in right away. I need to save money to help my family right now, but I always adore the simple and nostalgic.

I'm working on my own "wayback machine" right now. The best thing is something from the past with something ahead of its time, to make the best machine of our day. .bld.

yes ordering info is one page one of this post. The head light is molded plastic I'll include a skull ring.
thanks for looking
I sent you a pm. Happycheapskate
Norman

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
One guy mounted the rear light on his back fender.
I mount the tail light under the seat. I take off the under seat reflector and bolt on the tail light. I do have one tail light mounted on the back end of the rack. Maybe some of the guys will chime in on where they mount their tail light.