scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Re: afordablegocarts.com no parts after over 2 months

i have tried to call again and again all i get is voice mail
i have emailed 10 times in the last week ,no reply
are they still in business
I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that you ordered one of the 49cc 4-stroke carbs. Now if this is the case, you go to their website and see that they are still "out of stock". I'm just wondering how you expect them to ship you something that they obviously still don't have?

I totally feel for you as I know how frustrating it can be waiting for something you needed 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago for that matter.

The owner of AGK is one of the nicest, most helpful guys you could ever meet and I assure you he will NOT rip you off.

Until you are dead and gone and no parts or refund have reached you......you have not been ripped off.

I'm currently waiting on a part that that has been out of stock by several venders on this site and others. It's listed by all, but no one has them, knows when they'll get them back in stock and now I have to fabricate a part I've been waiting for months and the race is less than 2 weeks away!

Granted I haven't paid for the part as I know they are almost never available, but I've been keeping a close eye on it and when and if the slooooooow boat from China ever gets here, I'm all over it :D

Patience is the ultimate test......don't fail the test!

damo99

Mar 29, 2011
australia
agk is the member name. Sounds like you're bombarding them with email and calls.....this is the kind of thing that will give them a reason not to deal with us anymore. AGK is not out to rip anyone off so just chill and stop bad mouthing as it will not help matters any......
i wouldn';t have to if they answered emails or there phone and voicemails and i i dont think about 25 emails over 5 months is bombarding and i have never got through on the phone and left 2 voicemails .what would you do ,,
do nothing and write of the money ,,i don't think so
i spent good money with them and have got nothing in over 5 months ,
in that 5 months i have received 3 emails from them(early on).
and i'm not the only one .(check feedback on some of there sites)
through research i have found dozens more that have paid and got nothing ,
some waiting up to 2 years .
is this the sign of a good seller

damo99

Mar 29, 2011
australia
If somebody ripped me off, I would bump the topic every single day.
Warning others to stay away from untrustworthy vendors.
thank you thats what i'm trying to do .
if they would get back to me i could except it ,but they havn't even emailed me since feb 4th

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK

It would appear agk may be on funny business. Tried the website and it says its been disabled.

damo99

Mar 29, 2011
australia
Ditto........!

Hard to deal with anyone that seems to only want to yell and holler about things, I hope everything gets worked out and no one gets ripped off but it seems odd to me that some people always have so much trouble with some vendors but so many others never have any issues.... I have never yet to have a bad experience with any of the vendors that advertise here on the forum or any that I hwve done business with outside of the forum either.... always had good communication with all of them and no shipping issues, and I have bought many hundreds of dollars of parts and piec s from a many of them including ebay sellers.

Map
theres no yelling and hollering just trying to get what i paid for or my money back .
i have delt with many vendors on this and other forums and never had an issue 99% are excellent .i also ship alot of ice hockey gear to australia via the usa and never had a problem .
i think i gave them a chance i have waited 2 weeks for replys on previous emails ,it has been over 5 months since payment .
i was promissed a tracking # within the first week (still waiting)i realize parts get sold out and they have to wait for new stock or they get very busy , but for how long do you have to wait.if that is what has happened just email people and explain to them ,not just ignore them
i asked at 2 months weather anyone else had had a problem with them
because i couldn't contact them or they wouldn' reply.
the diffrence is i am in australia i can't just walk there and get my parts
and for me to ring costs me a bit of money

Last edited:

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well based on what you have said I'd say you do have a legit gripe, and judging by how you answered the last few post I'd say you have a good attitude about and are not going off the deep end, I'd be upset also and I hope they come through soon or I'd file a complaint, may be the only way to get their attention...

Its been a long time since I done business with them so maybe things have changed around there...shrug...

Maybe it has all just fallen through the cracks somehow but 5 months is a long time and if they did respond a couple times then they must have known there was a probelm....

Map

damo99

Mar 29, 2011
australia

I'm gonna take a stab in the dark and guess that you ordered one of the 49cc 4-stroke carbs. Now if this is the case, you go to their website and see that they are still "out of stock". I'm just wondering how you expect them to ship you something that they obviously still don't have?

I totally feel for you as I know how frustrating it can be waiting for something you needed 2 weeks ago or 2 months ago for that matter.

The owner of AGK is one of the nicest, most helpful guys you could ever meet and I assure you he will NOT rip you off.

Until you are dead and gone and no parts or refund have reached you......you have not been ripped off.

I'm currently waiting on a part that that has been out of stock by several venders on this site and others. It's listed by all, but no one has them, knows when they'll get them back in stock and now I have to fabricate a part I've been waiting for months and the race is less than 2 weeks away!

Granted I haven't paid for the part as I know they are almost never available, but I've been keeping a close eye on it and when and if the slooooooow boat from China ever gets here, I'm all over it :D

Patience is the ultimate test......don't fail the test!
the parts i ordered where supposedly in stock when i ordered them
they where showing in stock on there web site
but now knowing that there web site is down i would have to say i have defiantly been had

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well I sure hope it all works out for you damo99, after reading again and judging from what is going on with the web site being down... it dont look good but maybe they shut it down because they have been so behind that they need some time to get things ironed out withoit having to deal with taking on more orders..... just trying to be optimistic here....!

Map

tx1211

Feb 12, 2014
houston
mm thats odd, ive ordered parts from them a few different times over the last 3 years for parts for my golf cart it has a gx390 which they have performance parts for. And 2 weeks ago i ordered a Mb sprocket and got it within the week i ordered it no complaints here i will say one thing that does suck that i didnt read on there website after i placed the order for my MB sprocket is that they do not accept returns.. which is i feel like in todays world is not good business. as the sprocket i have had clearance issues with the chain hitting the frame had to end up buying a (top hat adaptor-disc biscuit) & new sprocket from jakes bikes

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
They should do what pirate cycles is doing right now. Click on the link and find out how it should be done.
Yeah I ordered a couple things from Pirate back on 3/21/14 I uavent got them yet, but I know that either they will come through and get it shipped or they will refund me, I'd rather get the items, I've always had good experiece dealing with Pirate but looks like they have painted themselves into a corner for at least a little while, its good to be super busy but you gotta keep the customer happy also...... they probably need to get a couple more folks in thereat least temp. So they can weather the storm and get back on track.

Great fellas at Pirate so Im gonna be patient with them.

Map

Moto pope

Mar 26, 2013
St. James, mo
In this economy, small business can go under fast. When it happens, it is usually "lock it up and step aside" from creditors. Many times courts and lawyers advise owners to keep quiet.