1000 Dollar 2 stroke kits, not kidding

GoldenMotor.com

timboellner

Apr 1, 2009
Towson Maryland
Occasionally you will see ridiculously priced items on E-bay
I recently responded to a seller asking if the decimal point was in the wrong place because I too was amazed at the price of the item I was interested in.

There is a good reason for it.
Here's what the seller responded back>>>>

"They're not actually $534.93...it's just a trick eBay sellers use. May sound strange, but here is why we temporarily raised the price:"

"EBay sellers have selling histories on each item they have - this particular item records all of our sales on this item from the past year or so. Many eBay sellers will temporarily raise their prices (by a large amount), in hopes that buyers will not buy their item during that time, usually because they are out of stock. This way, no one buys their item (hopefully!) and they do not have to cancel their ad. If a seller cancels or ends their ad, they lose their entire sales history. Sales histories of items are pretty important to many sellers, so you can see why they would rather raise their prices than to cancel their ad."

(Thanks to Ibuy.isell for the info)

TiM

CARider

May 20, 2013
San Rafael, CA-Mesa, AZ
Click the sold ammount, and you can see all of the buyers purchased them for $149.95. Ebayers raise the prices when they run out of stock, so they won't have to pay to relist it, or loose their watchers on ebay.
-Zane

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
I suppose, too, that if someone actually does buy a china girl engine kit for $1150 that would be some consolation to the seller for having to end their listing.

I think I could live with it.