CANADIANS - who do you buy from?

GoldenMotor.com

MoreFasterer

May 14, 2012
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Apparently a thread like this does not exist here yet. It does now.

Fellow Canadians, let's PLEASE help each other out and post up where we are buying *whatever* related parts from. I think it's important we help each other out by providing this "heads-up" info. Some vendors in Canada have good shipping, some not - same goes for vendors in the U.S.A. for the ones that will actually ship up here. Same can be said again for service and any other aspects of purchase/business.

Please post up helpful info.

PATIA!

I don't have much to post up yet. I can only say that I recently bought my first kit from a Zoom Bicycles dealer in Mississauga - found through a local rider - via an ad on Kijiji. I picked it up this past week and have yet to install it.

Toadmund

Jan 19, 2012
Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada
I ordered mine through Zoombicycles and it is fairly well built comparitive to some of the motors sold out there.
It was painted well, no bent fins, it works.

The only thing amiss was a loose cylinder head, it was not torqued properly at all, that's OK because I ported it and trimmed gaskets anyway.

I'd get into detail but I just made the coffee.

I would definitely order from Zoombicycles again

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I like Motor Boys out of Cambridge, ON. They're closest to me, fast shipping.

Zoombicycles out of Port Coquitlam, BC is great.

Toys4Boys out of Edmonton, AB has unique parts and good prices. OCC mounts/pipes too.

There's Canuck vendors on eBay too, T4B and Zoom are on there. There's another guy out of Stoney Creek too.

Good idea creating this thread MoreFasterer.

d_gizzle

May 29, 2012
ARDMORE,OK
I live in Oklahoma,USA but had trouble finding wheels and disc brakes. Chaingang lowrider had EVERYTHING I could have asked for sans motor. 6 days from them to me. The only issue I had was they advertise a freewheel disc brake adaptor for a front disc wheel and it does NOT fit their custom forks. All my emails were responded to promptly. I would gladly buy from them again. Make sure to check their return policy.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
motorizedbicycle.ca
was quick to ship,sorted out issues i had,tossed in a couple extra parts for my troubles with first engine.
price reasonable.
no aftermarket parts,just grubee stuff.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I use speeddemon as well, however I have had a couple issues with them. MY roommate's second motor was full of mud (yeah, MUD) on the inside of his gear cover and magneto cover. This, sadly, caused it to rust, and eventually stop firing.

The third motor we ordered was a 48cc, but it was labelled as a 66cc (well, 80cc actually but we all know about the marketing gimmicks by now). This ended up going on a customer's bike. He's still really happy to have it, but was promised an 80cc. Because we installed and ran it already, we couldn't send it back. They DID, however, give a $75 credit.

The Fourth motor we got was perfect in every way, except one (some would probably consider minor or even a good thing). It came with a 415H chain. Sadly this also went onto a customer bike, and this was before I knew about the bad profiling on the sprocket. Yet, we haven't heard anything back from him, so he's either dead, or happy.

I just wish they'd get reed valves in. I'm so sick of paying $45 shipping for reed valves, turning a $60 product into a $110 product. But hey, being an exclusive item, I can't complain.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just to revive this thread once more. I just ordered 3, three piece cranks from htta://www.motorizedbicycle.ca and they arrived today. Took 5 working days from order to delivery from Ontario to Vancouver.

They arrived well packed in a heavy duty card board box. I'm hard to impress but this company did impress me. Prices were very reasonable as well. The picture of the kits shows the bearing with the screw in bearing races and they had included bearing races for the earlier bottom brackets separately at no extra cost.

They only sell in Canada.

Steve.

Last edited: