Hello from Wisconsin!

GoldenMotor.com

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
Hello, all my friends. First of all, I would like to thank this site and its creators. I have followed this web site for a year+. I am going to built a kit-based bike this year with my tax refund. I need advice on making this an affordable thing to do. I know a few specific things. I have LOTS of bikes at my home. I mean a freakin' LOT of them. Finding a frame is no problem for me. I know that I want a 4-stroke, regardless of what 2-strokers may say, and regardless to price difference. I will not mix gas for a 2 stroke.

I also know that I want to have a shifter kit. I wonder that nobody has commented on the possibility of using an 80cc dirt bike motor with a 3-speed gearbox already attached, but I'd rather have something purpose-built. My biggest limitation is that I have to accomplish this for under 400 dollars. Any comments would be appreciated.

I was thinking of starting with the 49cc pre-sale kit for $199 from gasbike (king). Will they really screw me over as bad as people here claim? Or have a few isolated incidents simply been blown out of proportion? this is important because I can pre-order right now and save a ton. Also, who has the cheapest shift kit, jack shaft as well as otherwise?

Also, I was wondering just how extensive it is to mount the above engine to a schwinn occ chopper (not the xl), as opposed to a regular v-frame.
BTW, you can call me Rob.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We'd like to offer some advice but I feel you're a little confused over some issues. Early in your post you say you will not have a 2 stroke yet later you say you are planning to purchase a 2 stroke kit. The kit you said you were planning to order is indeed a 2 stroke. Unless you plan to do a lot of your own fabrication you're going to have trouble installing a 4 stroke kit and a shift kit for under $400. Do a little more reading and get back to us. Good luck.
Tom

rbrtlndhl

Jan 27, 2010
La Crosse, WI
Yes, I have already realized this, but thank you very much for the reply. I am going to attempt to contact Terry Blow about this supposed 300 dollar hs grubee 4g t belt deal with free shipping to get me started. However, i am slightly confused on one fact. Is there or is there ont a non-purpose-built cvt gearbox that will fit this engine as a bolt-on?

Last edited: