Academy Brutus

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Without actual measurements it's a tough call but my feeling is a Chinese 2 stroke is going to be a tight fit, if it can be done at all. That dropped top tube is going to be the issue. There are angle plug heads, shorty spark plugs and offset intake manifolds but even with those you have your work cut out for you.
Good luck and keep us informed.

Tom

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
If it's steel and you have the tools and skills, you can cut/chop and weld it to make more room. Even if it's aluminum and you can weld that, you can still make more room. You will also need to figure out a way to get the chain to clear those huge tires. Good luck.

Ironhorse5.1

May 11, 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
I don't have any plans as of just yet to buy the bike. I was just showing what I saw. I don't know why they use that style of frame on the bike because it also makes the bike look smaller than a regular 26" mens bike. I bet a Staton rear hub mount would be the easiest thing to mount to it but although practical for mounting purposes, it wouldn't look as cool as a frame mounted Chinese 2-stroke would.

Ironhorse5.1

May 11, 2014
Norman, Oklahoma
Perhaps a Chinese 2-stroke shift kit style would work? I don't have any experience with them. There is a beach cruiser for sale in my area w/ a shift kit motor on it on CL for $200 obo. Seller says it's 6mo old and runs great. I might go take a look at it. If it's what she says it is, it would be a great buy.

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
Somewhere on the forum? There was more talk about how good them big tires gave a soft ride. To bad the tires weren't 29" they would look more like the old bikes like a Yale........Curt