Lovely bike for a lovely lady:

GoldenMotor.com

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Wow, I've heard there were double straight bars, but I never saw one till now. Sweet bike there.

Well, still working away, whenever I find a few minutes, on my wife's old cruiser. No pics today. Polished up the rims until they gleamed. Got some big balloon tires with wide whitewalls to put on them. Loaded the frame into the back of the van, so if I catch myself near the auto part store while I still have money I'm going on in to do some paint-matching. I'm nearly done with this bike, except for painting the fenders.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Still gotta finish painting the fenders. Got busy with many other things so this project has been falling behind.

But I put all the rest of the bike back together. After all the painstaking adjustments, and lubing of every bearing, and proper inflation on both tires, it just plain RIDES LIKE A DREAM.

I let my wife try it out. I asked her how she likes it. She says "It's good". If you know my wife, that means she approves of the restoration so far. It's high praise.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
It's about time I closed this out. I finally got the fenders finished and bolted on. My wife can't say much about how long I've been away from it. She knows she's kept me pretty busy with other things. I had to re-lace my rear hub after the kids' bedtime.
Here's the final restoration pic. When I asked my wife for the last time "Motor or no motor?" her ambiguous reply seemed to be "Motor someday but probably not this bike". Ah well, this project has provided much addition to my mechanical experience, so I am pleased with it as well. She loves this bike.

Attachments