2 stroke pricing ... 48cc / 66cc (80) Why is 66cc cheaper than the 48cc?

GoldenMotor.com

greggasbike

Nov 23, 2010
north carolina
I have been looking around recently at all the kits when I was deciding which one to order. Where I live , MB's are legal if they are under 49cc, so hence the 48cc kits work out fine.

Now looking at ads / kits / prices ...

Why are the 48cc more expensive than the larger engines ? Shouldn't it be the other way around ?

I am guessing its b/c 48cc are legal in more places ... so they sell more , and raise the price to demand ......

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
What Venice said , and besides both motors are totally unmarked. Get the said 80cc which is strange and truly false advertising. It is really about a 68 or so cc. it will have better bottom end power.

The small cc version is a less powerful motor but it will rev out more from what I have read. Never owned one. If'n anybody important ask me I tell them mine is a 49cc:)

cory151

Oct 19, 2010
SoCal
I have both a 66cc and a 49cc and I can attest to the smaller displacement motor winding out better. I was never able to figure out why. However the 66cc does provide more low end grunt.

4950cycle

Sep 8, 2010
Dunnellon,FL.
I think you guys will start to sell more 48cc motor kits as time goes on. Here in FL. the cops will check the size of your motor on a motorbike. What tics me is, Under FL. law motorbikes fall under the same class as mopeds which means you need a regular drivers license to ride one. Even though I have a DL that bothers me for some reason.

mikewayne

Dec 29, 2010
Newyork, Newyork
definitely the dealers would increase the price of the thing which is been sold more.... should should have tried ebay for this stuff.... or a junk yard or abandoned garage would cost this stuff free for you!!!!!