New Gen V balanced motor review

GoldenMotor.com

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My new Gen V balanced motor arrived today.
Double boxed and well packed

But the USPS still managed to bend the sprocket cover.

The rest of the motor looks great! Decent fin castings with the usual ragged edges but nothing too bad. Better than average casting in my opinion.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The exhaust port looks pretty good from the factory compared to some I've seen!

Pulling the coil cover I see a decent solder joint on the coil ground, a source of problems in lesser quality motors.

On the other side, the primary gear looks true and installed correctly with the usual damage to the screw from the factory.
The seal is seated fully as well...always a good sign.

Stay tuned for more pics and details as I pull the head and begin prepping for installation tomorrow!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
My new Gen V balanced motor.

But the USPS still managed to bend the sprocket cover
They musta dropped that Priority box pretty damn hard to bend that cover like that!! :D
I will add extra layers of cardboard top and bottom in the future.

I will send you an unbent sprocket cover ASAP. :)
I have all the replacement motor parts in stock as well as all the kit parts.

Thanks for the review and your business.

I shipped another motor to CT so we will see how that one did?

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
They musta dropped that Priority box pretty damn hard to bend that cover like that!! :D
I will add extra layers of cardboard top and bottom in the future.

I will send you an unbent sprocket cover ASAP. :)
I have all the replacement motor parts in stock.

Thanks for the review and your business.

I shipped another motor to CT so we will see how that one did?

This is the kind of customer service I will talk about. Not the vendors fault, yet he steps right up to make it right. Very good business practice here!

Yeah, I was shocked to find the damage considering how well it was packed. The double box looked bulletproof to me...but the USPS has been doing things to boxes for a LONG time. Lol!

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
USPS carrier must be related to the FedEx driver that throws a computer monitor over a fence:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=--4U4BkulC0

Interesting that I've received engines double boxed engine kits from China to the distributor to the dealer to me with no damage.

What MBR is doing is great customer service that you don't see every day, week, month or year in this hobby.

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Danschutz

Aug 19, 2013
Wyoming
Who, s neil ?
Neil is Username MotorBicycleRacing

I was looking at my two balanced bottom ends this evening and the one Neil sent is superior to my other one, Im very happy with both but I really like my newest one :)

After seeing your cylinder Maniac I wish I would have also ordered one, the other one I got (from a different vendor) Im completely unimpressed with the casting. Im sure I cant port it large enough to get the casting flaws out :(

Anyways Im all ears and eyes on your new build!!!!!!

Dan.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Neil is Username MotorBicycleRacing

I was looking at my two balanced bottom ends this evening and the one Neil sent is superior to my other one, Im very happy with both but I really like my newest one :)

After seeing your cylinder Maniac I wish I would have also ordered one, the other one I got (from a different vendor) Im completely unimpressed with the casting. Im sure I cant port it large enough to get the casting flaws out :(

Anyways Im all ears and eyes on your new build!!!!!!

Dan.
Yeah, I've seldom seen a better cylinder from the factory. In fact, I doubt I will bother doing much beyond rinsing out the bottom end since it looks so good stock. I'll run it awhile stock before I try any porting to get a baseline for future mods. The assembly is very good compared to the usual engines so I have high hopes the performance will live up to my expectations once I get it installed on The Pig II. I am planning to redo my current pipe, replacing it with a better chamber for better mid-range torque than the one I run now. It will also have a much shorter tail section and a bigger silencer for better flow. Stay tuned! More to come once it warms up a bit so I can move my fingers again!

BTW...anyone interested in buying one of these Gen V motors should contact Neil: username MotorBicycleRacing for order details.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I have also been informed that the bent sprocket cover will be replaced free even though it was not the vendors fault.
This is the kind of customer service that keeps me loyal to the same vendors for all my needs rather than simply going for the cheapest price.
Good job Neil!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
all this makes me curious as the exactly what the diff is between these and the standard engines - is there a list somewhere?

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
aside form the bent clutch arm cover that motor looks like it should ! pobablty the best china girl i have seen yet.

i ordered a dax balance motor a few days ago and i can only hope its as good as yours ! the dax said its a gen IV so i am looking foward to getting a gen v from niel soon, it will be a x mas gift for my girlfriend ! she wants a automatic so i will have to add a cent clutch and pull start to it and also widen the crank .

can any one tell me what the differance is between the dax gen IV and niels gen V ? they bolth look the same as in balanced and high grade studes exe.... i only ordered the dax because i knew they took debit cards and i wanted it to come dissasembled.

rogergendron1

Sep 18, 2013
woburn ma
all this makes me curious as the exactly what the diff is between these and the standard engines - is there a list somewhere?
this is what i am wondering also

are the port maps the same as the PK80 ? i knoiw the grubee gt5 is differant
the boar and stroke, is it 47mm x 40mm ?
the con rod is it 110mm
is it a one piece crank ? steel or cast ?
3 oil holse drilled in crank arm ?
what kind of needle bearings ?

exe...

i wonder if the wide intake port jug will fit the gen IV and V motors, i wonder if the port timing is the same for the 40mm wide intake jug as the gen IV and V jugs, if it is that would be a nice upgrade for raceers looking to port as far as possable

gokart25

Sep 26, 2011
Iowa
I've been trying to get ahold of Neil - MotorBicycleRacing but he does not respond.
Anybody else bought one of these from him?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've been trying to get ahold of Neil - MotorBicycleRacing but he does not respond.
Anybody else bought one of these from him?
My pm box is full and I can't delete messages from my phone using Forum Runer so I can not reply.
Please Only email me at [email protected]
Thanks. :)

I just got a new battery for my laptop this very minute from Amazon so I can get back online!!!
Also got 2 6cc Fred heads that were priority mailed on Sat!

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I'll be using your email address telling people who ask how to contact you now that I know you prefer this method. Lots of people asking me where to get one from my posts in fb and here.
I'm going to say it looks like you got a winner here unless mine explodes upon starting!

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Yeah, bent the sprocket cover so good it cracked the casting.

With a bit of clutch usage that sucker should break off in no time.

Good luck.

I see a new one is on the way. Cool. That crack is nasty.

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Yeah, bent the sprocket cover so good it cracked the casting.

With a bit of clutch usage that sucker should break off in no time.

Good luck.

I see a new one is on the way. Cool. That crack is nasty.
I was shocked. The packing looked great! I was not expecting this kind of damage from the condition of the box.
It's like I said though...the USPS has years of practice finding new and innovative ways to damage a box. It should not surprise me they whacked it hard enough to bend it.

Having the vendor step up and offer to replace the part was a nice indication that I will be more than satisfied with this purchase. I'm glad I decided to pull the trigger and lay out my hard earned cash for something nicer than stock.
I'm thinking it's time to buy something nice for my own pleasure since I am still alive to enjoy it! (Too lazy to build one for myself)

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
The engines have Japanese high quality bearings and a high quality lower bearing that is shimmed to elininate side to side play in the con rod, they have the 110mm rod and 47mm bore and 40mm stroke, the crankshaft is more true and has been drill through the counter balance weights in a way that makes them better balanced.

I have three of these engines and one of them built and running and it is the smoothest fastest china girl I have owned as of yet, best bang for the buck on the China girls in my opinion....!

Map

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
The engines have Japanese high quality bearings

Map
Sorry, but they do not have Japanese bearings.

All the bearings are made in China but they are good quality and do not fail.

maybe 1000 of these motors have been sold with very few problems and they
weren't motor related.

Fred of CR Machine has had these motors apart as he really balances them
and he could find no indication that the bearings are made in Japan.

You can Not believe a lot of what is written and claimed online! :D

I am sure that the grade 8.8 allen heads that my motors are assembled
with are made in China too.

It's a Chinese motor with ALL Chinese parts.

I am shipping Fred 2 of my new bottom ends that have the 1.5" wide front motor mount with 8 mm front studs.
They have the same "balanced" crank, thrust washers, and connecting rod
with the 3 oiling holes as the regular width front mount that has been on
the market.