Where are you buying kits from these days ??? comments on quality ???

GoldenMotor.com

motorbike57

Sep 30, 2015
louisiana
Just curious - I've bought lots of kits from rose326a but she doesn't have any listed on ebay right now.

So, where are you buying your kits from ???

Comments on quality, etc. ??

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I'm getting really good kits from sashawigs2009 on eBay, but some folks have had problems there when ordering just one. Difficulties arise from a lack of english and 15 hour time delay in emails. Having spent much of my time in asia over the last 20 years, I'm used to delayed email & non-english speakers, so it wasn't much of a problem for me to arrange a deal on larger orders of kits that slowly came around to just the features I wanted at a good price.

I suspect that many sellers that will answer emails, would also be reasonable in making up kits for a bulk buyer. Kind of like building the bikes, the rule seems to be 'don't get in a hurry'.

bailsafe

Oct 23, 2015
Slippery Rock, PA, USA
Can vouch for the kits from carpartsaustralia on eBay; despite their name, they're based in China and have a warehouse near Jersey City. Pretty good service, since they answer emails pretty quickly (still on Chinese time though) and even sent me a replacement carb for free, no questions asked.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
bummer, all facetwit people are blocked in my hosts file, so can't see that kit - don't like speed carbs, but would like to see what else is in that kit

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
I have 2 of Cheez kits kits.
My first I got about 1800miles, got hit and cracked the case.
Engine was a monster up till then.
Stock kit comes with,
NT Speed carb, 41t sprocket, Allen key cap screws in the engine, rag joint hardware is upgraded, 415 HD chain, stronger mounting studs.
The cases are clean casts, cranks are super well balanced from the factory, and Cheez himself goes thru each engine before shipping..
Upgrades available, 36t sprocket, RT carb, 2 different expansion chambers(not Hardcore, but better than stock.
He has cnc heads and parts coming at months end as well.
This is his site, not complete. http://cheezypks.com/
Maniac57 has also gotten 4 or 5 Cheez kits, and loves them.
There hasn't been one complaint about them. Cheez takes care of his customers.

r.ly.

Attachments

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My last four have been from Cheez Fickenworth from FB. Great engines and overall better quality.
Good 40mm stroke PK80 style bottoms with excellent jug castings and HUGE transfers compared to some.
These engines are identical in every way I can check to the DAX 40mm stroker.
Speed RT carb, which is nothing special, but all four have been jetted much closer to optimum than the run of the mill chinadoll. I've not even had to adjust the needles before sale.
He uses paypal too, so both parties are protected
I highly recommend him for anyone looking for a DAX quality engine in a complete kit for MUCH less.

And Gasbike has a very bad vendor reputation. Every single order is a crap shoot. Some get good results, but a LOT of people have had serious problems.
Same as Bikeberry.

Last edited:

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yeah, many big sites have 5 to 10 diff prices of kits with little info on why

ZipTie

Jan 8, 2016
Mpls Mn
Cheez sounds like the way to go. I'm about to buy another engine kit and I wonder if his Ozark Cruiser PK80 Stroker at 310.00 list price is a good deal and there is enough difference over his stock kit to justify...anybody know?

MacZulu

Jul 3, 2015
Vancouver
I followed Legwons advice on my second kit. even with the currency conversion and shipping and duty, I think it was worth it. I believe in the Cheez, good vendor