Black Betty Build

GoldenMotor.com

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
Got a Skyhawk GT5 kit and a Yamaha YZ80 expansion chamber. Will be porting, windowing the piston, planeing the head and the top of the jug, replacing all of the studs, and making a custom tank. More pics soon.

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
Been building it in my spare time. Got the head and the top of the cylinder milled flat. The YZ80 exhaust should be here today. Will probably be finishing it up this weekend. More pics soon.

Stormsorter

Jun 10, 2010
Jasper County Illinois
What are you using to join the intake to the copper? I tried something very similar once and used solder but it melted that close to the engine. I got lucky that it didn't do any damage. If you have a friend with a map or acetylene torch braze it.

Also the copper is soft and will oval just enough to leak where the carb clamps on so cut a piece of pipe or something to put on the inside to stiffen it up a bit.

JonShneebley

Oct 8, 2013
Charleston,Sc
There are 2 elbows connecting the carb to a standard intake.The 2 elbows are soldered and the connection between the steel and copper is jbweld. If I have problems with it, Ill probably just make something else completely.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Awesome! What kind of dog?
She is a Chihuahua. I know all the jokes... She is the most loyal dog I have ever known. Smart and obedient with out training. Follows me everywhere I go. Absolutely prefers my company above all others. She is my garage buddy.
Dam can't find any pics...