I need help no dealer I have called nows the answer!

GoldenMotor.com

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Hi all
I called two vender's witch I wont name unless a moderator wants me to PM them about it .
the licensing and registration person I talked to sounded very knowledgeable and helpful she told me just put everything a moped has on it and when your done lets get it done I almost fell over I wish my bike was ready I would of been there in 5 min (30 min drive) .cptr.
but as it stands I have one question that scares me I'm looking at the Handa or HuaSheng 142F-cc 49cc 4 Stroke Engine in part of the stipulations it says no more than 2 gross braking horsepower I have looked all over and nothing states what the engine has on this can someone help and is this 49cc engines be in that range?

Andyinchville1

Manufacturer/Dealer
Dec 26, 2007
Scottsville, VA
HI,

Just a little "out of the box" thinking BUT awhile back somebody was making "49 CC" sticker for engines...Maybe a "1.9 HP" sticker can be photo shopped? ;-O

Andrew

captzuzu

Jan 29, 2013
New Mexico
Yeah I have thought about that and haw hard is it to make you own invoice I don't plan on selling it so haws gana know I don't think thats safe to say here I do like this forum and don't want to employ anyone to do something illegal but to tell you the truth I have made some calls and I get that gut feeling that to make a sale well .

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
If it helps, it's nearly impossible to make a "legal" bike here in Ahia, but that never stopped me from building selling and thoroughly enjoying the hobby...

Don't give up.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
If local law says below 2 brake HP and the engine is below 2 HP, your good to go. "Brake Horse Power" is what the engine is capable of.

"Brake horsepower
Brake horsepower (bhp) is the measure of an engine's horsepower before the loss in power caused by the gearbox, alternator, differential, water pump, and other auxiliary components such as power steering pump, muffled exhaust system, etc. Brake refers to a device which was used to load an engine and hold it at a desired RPM. During testing, the output torque and rotational speed were measured to determine the brake horsepower. Horsepower was originally measured and calculated by use of the "indicator" (a James Watt invention of the late 18th century), and later by means of a De Prony brake connected to the engine's output shaft."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horsepower#Brake_horsepower

Last edited: