Bicycle and motor kit feedback

GoldenMotor.com

recon.soldier

Oct 2, 2012
Washington
i recently looked into motorized bicycles been wanting to do it for awhile now, finally have the time and money to do so. i currently have a road master granite peak mountain bike 24" 6 speed i bought from walmart, had it for about a year now. Am in the military so i use it to go all over post and offpost to do errands so its been used very well.

i wanted to know if i can use it to put a motor on, i have looked at 48cc, 66cc, and 80cc. To me they seem really similar, is there a certain motor to go with certain bikes, ive seen all the custom motors but i want simple to get around without peddle so much with some speed. i ususally go at most 15/20 miles out and then back.

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i think you should look into a 4 stroke kit they are a little more but they last alot longer i have a 2 stroke flying horse kit its great but i wouldnt take it more than 5-8 miles or so. my last kit which i cant name without this getting pulled for bashing wasnt good i hated it. if i could do it again i would have saved up and gotten a nice 4 stroke kit they are very reliable and are just as fast.

recon.soldier

Oct 2, 2012
Washington
with the type of bike i have will the frame be stable enough? the center two rods are not rounded more like raindrop shaped, and i read that the motor will fit more easily with it being rounded

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
motor that mounts on a rear rack and uses a roller to drive the rear tire. its the easiest way to build a motor bike and most of the kits are 4 stroke so they last a long time

recon.soldier

Oct 2, 2012
Washington
some kits ive looked have that and other 4 strokes have the chain wraped around. will i need a certain tire if i decide togo with the friction drive?