This kit fits?

GoldenMotor.com

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
I have Whizzers & an EZbike, so I was excited to help a friend put a 2 cycle kit on his bike. I had never done a 2 cycle so I thought it would be fun. Well you can see that the "fits most bikes" didn't apply here. We did get it done in one day by welding a new tube in the front & heating his cranks & moving them out 1 & 1/2 inches so they didn't hit the engine.

Attachments

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
Actually.. 2 stroke kits do fit that style frame very well. Go to my web site, install instructions, and then on the last page, you will see how to do the front mount. The only part I see that will make it hard is the rope start. This makes the motor wider and will require a wider crank. Most 2 stroke kits do not have a rope start and a standard crank is wide enough. It may be that since you have the rope start and this makes the engine too wide for the crank, is why you wanted to mount the engine up high so that the crank will not hit it.. Is that the reason? If it were not for the rope start, this would be a fairly easy and standard install. Enjoy the ride..

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
i have the same style bike,a crusier bike and i have a pull start.
i use short cranks and they clear the motor. and i made a custom clamp on front mount.

jbcruisin

Oct 10, 2008
Lebanon, Pa.
He wanted it going right away & didn't want to wait for another set of cranks. My EZbike kit had pedals that hit & a friend bent them for me for free. The weld shop charged him $50.(ouch) to bend his. No matter how low we put the engine there was still quite a space in the front so another friend that welds, welded the front tube for free. I'll have to post a finished pic. The bike looks nice.
Jay

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
The front mount is always a problem on a cruiser style frame. I built a cruiser to sell this was how I fixed it. Your way should work great. As you can see without the pull starter the pedal clearance wasn't a problem.

P1010142.JPG

sofasurferlinux

Jun 24, 2009
Davison, Mi
I don't get it. Whats the problem?
Previous posters said that it will fit...but even if it doesn't, you did a fine job of adding a nice looking tube and solving the problem. You made the bike unique and added your custom fingerprint. Its special. I sure wish I had a welder and/or torches.
Ride with pride.