Ronzworld New Build "Grubee GT2-A"

GoldenMotor.com

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Here I go on the second GrubeeGT frame ... I like the GT2-A frame for two reasons (as oppossed too the GT-S) 1st; the nice "cruiser" style bend in the front down tube, 2nd; for the obvious ... the front motor mount ... nice "clean" look .. like it was "suppose" ta be there ... not just a bicycle with a motor "tied" to it.
So that being said .. I'll move forward with "the plan"...
I have built only 1 other on this frame and it was/is a bit of a "rat rod" (pic attatched) and from it comesw some of the ideas I have for this one.
Unlike the 1st build I thought that this one would be focussed more towards the "old school" look... ape hangers , solo seat , fat rear tire ... taller narrower front tire ... that sort of thing ...
The frame , front end and of course ... the motor... ah yes .. the "motor" .... can't just be stock .. nah ... I expeirimented on the last (first) Grubee build with the "twin plug Fred Head" and have really liked it ... so this will have one as well .. HD Lightning CDI and SBP pipe and jack shaft (shift kit) ....
So .... here we go ... ronzworld_Grubee_frontend_start.jpg ronzworld_GrubeeGT2-A#2_frontend_motor_in_cropt.jpg

Attachments

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Went ahead and splashed some paint over it ... I know .. kinda boring (black ...black ...black) and black is black ... so got a little creative and found a little bit of silver paint laying around here ... silver flames ... hmmm ?? What d'ya think ?
Anyways ... there it is ...(should be a pic here but I think I somehow got it on last post while editing this one ?? )

Last edited:

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Moving right along .. I have an up date on this "ole' school Grubee Build ... I just spent the last couple of days collecting and arranging parts for this "creature" and the last 6, or so , hours putting it together .... and now .. as I go ta install the front end ...Ka BAM !! It hits me like a brick ... the bearing races and steertube bearings are not here ... they somehow got over looked while packing for shipping ... so with a call too the shipper I was able too find the races and bearings were never shipped (whew ! I thought I'd lost them) and he would send them right away ... so I am on hold for a few days ..but here are some up-dated photos .. the rear wheel on it hear will be getting changed.. I have a 24" worksman rim that I will lace up too a Shimano Nexus 4 speed hub that I came across ... the front will be a disk brake 26" 1.75 (so should give it the narrower/taller look) I'm not possitive on the tires yet ?? Was thinking a Kenda 24 X 3 Thick Brick on the rear and maybe this other Felt "circuit" tire 26 X 2.125 on the front ?? I'll have ta see what availability is here ... not alot of selection here in the "Great White North" where our summer season is messured by the hour ... lol
Any suggestions ? Anyone have some rubber they would like to get rid of that would suit this cause ? ronzworld_Grubee_painted_motor_jack_chains_wheel.jpg

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
Oh ya I just realized that I never did include a picture of the 1st Grubee frame build ... for what it's worth .. here it is ...
Grubee GT2-A frame
"floor-up" built PK-80 motor
balanced and ported, highly modified piston
twin plug "Fred Head"
CDI by Huffy Davidson (HD Lightning)
19mm "clone" carb
SBP expansion chamber pipe
SBP shift kit (jack shaft)
shimano 9 speed clog
"Juicy Five" hyd front/rear disc brakes
Marzocchi MZ Comp hyd/oil front shocks
"Black Eye" Sun rims 26X 2.125
26 X 2.30 Michelin "DH" dirt tires (very agressive off road knobby)
Currently using a twin coil set up which I find is working really well , the bike , overall , is a real treat ... too say the least ... it has ample power , and with the SBP shift kit and the 9 spd gearing , there is absolutely nothing that I have come across that this bike can't handle !! It's top speed is currently undetermine as I haven't had the ability too acurately gauge it .. but .. I have been clocked riding along side a friends car at around 97 kmh and still could've added another 10 (or so) kmh too that I'm sure as I wasn't "full out" The bottom end .. well . in 1st,2nd and 3rd there is no-way you can stop that motor !!
Anyways .. there you have it .. I'm planning a move to British Columbia and it's looking like I may have to list my bikes and sell so ... any body interested in it ? I would consider selling ...?? As well as the "Ole' school " build once it is finished will be up FOR SALE ...

** "Waiting for the bearings/races " is the position on the "Ole' school Grubee Build"

ronzworld_Grubee1stBuildFront.jpg

ronzworld_Grubee1stBuild.jpg

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Looks like you're off to a really good start on the new build... I'm liking the black with silver flames theme and it fits the style just right. You could subdue the flames a bit by using a charcoal grey on top of the black or even go with matte black on top of gloss or vise versa for an even more subdued effect. Also, if you like the silver flames on the black, they'll really pop if you pinstripe the outlines of the flames with red, yellow, or blue.. or any bright color for that matter.

Anyway, it's looking good and should run just as good with those goodies you got for it... can't wait to see what you come up with for the finished product.

Ronzworld

Feb 21, 2014
Regina,Saskatchewan
ronzworld_Grubee_build_ontheground_cropt.jpg

Just a quick up-date on the build ... off the stand ..front end and bars are on ... just gotta finish up with some controls and cables and few other little odds and ends ... but all in all ... pretty close ta finished ... and ...** FOR SALE **