2 stroke to 4 stroke

GoldenMotor.com

SV2000

Apr 17, 2013
San Jose, Ca.
I am new to this forum, and would like some advice on 4 stroke engine options. I have a full suspension Boxer with a 2 stroke engine. Instead of selling this bike, it would make a great town commuter-cruiser with a 4 stroke engine..but I need more torque than a low tech 49cc engine. Any advice?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
Welcome to the forum, Were are you located in san jose?

Ive been trying to get some locals together and get a group ride going.

I also have a full suspension boxer with a morini... if your ever interested in selling it let me know.
The thing is that once you ride a morini its hard going back, there just so fun and fast.

Ever since i tried 66cc two stroke and 49cc four stroke, didn't like neither one because one was unreliable and the other one lacked the nads.

I finally settled for a 79cc predator, so far i have been pretty happy with it.

It also is a matter of builders preference and budget... I like the sound of a four stroke and the predator engines are cheap enough to start with.

But hit me up if you ever wanna go riding let me knowxct2

EDIT: Although the HS 49cc four stroke are VERY reliable engines, and make a decent motor for a cruiser

Last edited:

SV2000

Apr 17, 2013
San Jose, Ca.
Thanks, I live in south san jose area.

A group ride would be great, once I build up my next bike- will be looking for good candidate bike possibly this summer. This may take awhile-as we are in the middle of a ground up scooter build.

The boxer is a great machine- I am looking at selling it, unless the predator 79cc or other 4 stroker will fit with minimal mods.

I saw a gaggle of cruizer in santa cruz running what looked like 5 hp Briggs engines- a little too heavy and big for my goals, how about a 100 or 125cc upright motor with either centrifugal or cable clutch-?

ocho ninja

Jan 14, 2012
San Jose, CA
I'm the east side by king and story.
And like I said the boxer is becoming rare, leave it the way it is.
And if you need any help just let me know. This is my build thread for my bike, still a work in progress
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45405

And that what I wanted originally, a 99 cc predator but there discontinued so I had to settle for a 79cc... I do eventually wanna move up to a Honda Gx120 but there pricy

buck0

Apr 24, 2011
Orange County, Ca
I'm the east side by king and story.
And like I said the boxer is becoming rare, leave it the way it is.
And if you need any help just let me know. This is my build thread for my bike, still a work in progress
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=45405

And that what I wanted originally, a 99 cc predator but there discontinued so I had to settle for a 79cc... I do eventually wanna move up to a Honda Gx120 but there pricy
Pricy but worth it. The hardest part is dropping $310 for the engine. The rest is basic upgrade stuff. My brother raced my bike this past Saturday at The Grange and took 1st place with the GX120.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=41247

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA
I got a Lifan flathead 98cc minibike engine for $50. It cruises beautifully, even though it may be geared just a bit on the tall side, though that is easy enough to fix. my bike weighs 150 lbs easy, and with my 290 lb butt on it, it cruises pretty smooth. If you can find one, its a decent engine. I also went from 2 stroke to 4 stroke. The flathead engine is a vertical cylinder though, so may not fit in the boxer.