Help with Build checklist...Starting Wednesday!

GoldenMotor.com

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
My kit arrives Wednesday and I have started prepping for the build and install. The plans are for a Jet 66cc Race Angle Fire kit, Puch Hi Hi Compression head, Port match intake/exhaust manifolds, and install the SBP xchamber. I've made a list of some items I'll need to get up and running. If all you helpful folks could take a look and lemme know if I'm missing anything or have some more detailed thoughts, I'd appreciate it!

So here's what I've come up with:
-Replace as many stock bolts with M8 hardware as possible. (Sizes would be helpful. If not, I'll wait till the kit comes and take a handful of Chinese tin with me to the hardware store to match!)
-2 stroke synthetic oil
-Small gas can
-Header Wrap
-Gasket material
-Spark Plug/Wire
-Front light
-Possible U-bolts for motor mounting

I'll make this a running list for myself as I think of things. Again, any input would be appreciated! Can't wait to get this thing on the road! I'm tired of pedaling it!

Tohri

Aug 28, 2010
People's Republik of Massachusetts
Grab some marvel mystery oil and lucas Fuel system treatment too if you can find it, Superlube grease with PTFE, Fel-pro gasket material (Comes in a big grey sheet) and a dremel tool with high speed steel cutter if you don't already have one.
I picked up a shimano trigger shifter to actuate the clutch, it actually gives More overall pull than the stock lever, and frees up that area for your original brake lever.
Amazon.com: Shimano Acera SL-M310 Rapid Fire Shifter, Left (Black, 3-Speed ): Sports & Outdoors
Besides that, it's all how you tune the thing. The marvel and lucas can be added right on top of the standard 2 stroke mix, though I mix around 32:1 or less and add an ounce or two of both to 2 gallons of gas. Plus, I run a decent synthetic oil.

flatblack

May 22, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Tohri - Thanks! Good stuff there. Already got the Marvel, grease, and dremel. The shifter is a good thought and a way to clean up the bars a bit too. May keep that one in the back pocket for now.

Ferbal - I'll keep that in mind. Also good to know!