WANTED: bare 49cc engine 2-stroke

GoldenMotor.com

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
Just need a basic 49cc 2-stroke engine, upright style (not like moped motor where piston lays on its side), the type where the spark plug is in the center of the head. Don't need bike kit or carb or exhaust. Transmission would be nice but don't really need it either. Used is OK so long as it isn't worn out.

Thanks!

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
They are selling a 49cc just motor on zoom bicycles it's like 59.99 not bad for a brand new motor it is what I would have bought but I want the 66cc and I could not find one of them with out the kit. So I will be going with a whole new kit and then rebuild my old one and then build a second bike for the girlfriend. I hope I could help I found out about a couple weeks ago it is hard to find a good used motor peace out and good luck

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
cool do you know how the 49cc compares to the 66cc I am a large man and need a lot of power and will eventually build me a jackshaft to take some of the strain of the motor I wonder because I can not find a good price on a 66cc just motor. will the 49 cc move 250 easy with a jackshaft

fishguts

Sep 7, 2010
southeastern MA
That sounds like a good question to raise in the General Discussion part of this site. You will probably get more expert advice there than I can give.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
cool do you know how the 49cc compares to the 66cc I am a large man and need a lot of power and will eventually build me a jackshaft to take some of the strain of the motor I wonder because I can not find a good price on a 66cc just motor. will the 49 cc move 250 easy with a jackshaft
It is all in the gearing. You must give up some top end speed for more load.

If you have give even more top end, if you have large hills to navagate.

If you have a 26 in wheel I would think aprox 50t sprocket.

I do use a jackshaft kit to get the most from my engine.

mbuna420

Oct 9, 2010
Oregon
Thank you I am going with the 66cc kit and thanks for the answer I wish I could find one about the price of the 49cc motor but I have looked really hard and they are all to much and just makes sense to get the whole kit

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
You will still have to massage the ratio to get the right feel. But the more raw power you have to start with makes it just that much easier. The tuned exhaust will give you the most power boost at the cost of noise. Guess you can't get anything for nothing, always a trade off. Good luck and enjoy both the build and ride.

Thank you I am going with the 66cc kit and thanks for the answer I wish I could find one about the price of the 49cc motor but I have looked really hard and they are all to much and just makes sense to get the whole kit