Which bike would you choose? (with pics)

GoldenMotor.com

Spoooooky

May 31, 2013
Holiday, FL
I'm going to be starting my second build soon and plan to buy one of the 66cc Flying Horse Engine Kits from Bikeberry.com.

So I'm looking at two different bikes right now and finding it hard to decide which one to go with.

So if you guys had to choose, which one would you go with?

First choice - Fito Modena.
Cost - $169.99 plus $39.99 for shipping.

Second choice - Huffy Panama Jack
Cost - $129 Free shipping to store (Walmart)

Last edited:

Spoooooky

May 31, 2013
Holiday, FL
Can anyone see my original post? I came to look at the thread to see if anyone replied and it doesn't show anything even though it was there 10 minutes ago.

Hmm, it may just be my computer :/

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
I think the second one would be a easier to build. I think gas tank would mount easier...Just a suggestion.

Spoooooky

May 31, 2013
Holiday, FL
Yeah I'm sorta leaning towards the Panama Jack as well. The mounting of the gas tank worries me with the first bike and the price point of the Panama Jack is nice which allows me to buy some better parts for my build.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The Jack's steel frame will make it easier to mount the kit. I dislike aluminum frames myself due to the difficulty of getting the tensioner totally solid mounted. With a steel frame, a tack weld takes a few seconds and is bulletproof.

glennbo

Aug 24, 2010
HAMMOND
definitly go with the panama jack it has a bottle opener for your beer so you wont be interrupted when your working on your bike

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I'd go with the Fito Modena. It looks like a better made bike. The Huffy Panama Jack is an extremely low end bicycle that's known to have a weakness where the rack is welded to the seat stay. The frame likes to break at that point.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Huffy's are heavy and weak, thus true mtn. bikers invented the "Huffy Toss" a game of mostly strength that was the hit of many mtn. bike race events. Who ever could toss the Huffy bike the furthest won the Huffy Toss and a decent prize as well. I miss those days.

dance1

Scott.D.Lang

Jan 1, 2013
Chicago
The huffy would most likely be the easyest build but I like the FITO better it looks like you could turn the top tube into the tank for that clean look.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'd go with the Fito Modena. It looks like a better made bike. The Huffy Panama Jack is an extremely low end bicycle that's known to have a weakness where the rack is welded to the seat stay. The frame likes to break at that point.
Me, too. Huffy's have earned themselves a pretty bad reputation for the low quality frames. Especially considering the vibrations through the frame from a China girl motor, I'd go with something else entirely. Keep looking around, but if it is one or the other of the two, take the other.
SB

maurtis

Dec 14, 2011
Kyle, TX
BTW, looking at the bikebuyers site, you can get the same Fito frame in steel, if you prefer (I do).

You can also get the Micargi Rover in alloy or steel for the same price. I think there are quite a few builds here using the Rover frame...

PAracer

Sep 14, 2012
Steelton, PA
BTW, looking at the bikebuyers site, you can get the same Fito frame in steel, if you prefer (I do).

You can also get the Micargi Rover in alloy or steel for the same price. I think there are quite a few builds here using the Rover frame...

My latest build is a steel framed Rover. It easily gobbled up my 79cc engine. Lots of room, and easy to work with.