Chop, Cut, DONE!!

GoldenMotor.com

FLKnifemaker

Feb 26, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Getting the most out of my "donor" 29" Mt. Bike :) A few days after I bought my Onex, I bought a Genesis 29" Mt. Bike and swapped over all the useable parts I needed. I was about ready to fabricate a deraileur hanger and realized I already have one!! A few seconds on my bandsaw and beltgrinder and...............DONE!!!

I just have to get a qauality chain, hook up the controls and I can start focusing on the motor next.

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Nice re-use skills! When I get done stripping a donor, it's hard to tell it was once a bicycle.
Never trow anything away because the second I do, I need what I tossed!

FLKnifemaker

Feb 26, 2013
Lakeland, Florida
Nice re-use skills! When I get done stripping a donor, it's hard to tell it was once a bicycle.
Never trow anything away because the second I do, I need what I tossed!
I agree. The only thing I throw away is the chinese hardware. Little by little, I replace every nut and bolt with American made parts. On my Onex frame, one of the chainguard screws sheared off as I was trying to REMOVE it!! :( Cheap hardware installed into aluminum is not a good combination. Anything I reassemble with the stock screws gets a coating of anti seize :D

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I agree. The only thing I throw away is the chinese hardware. Little by little, I replace every nut and bolt with American made parts. On my Onex frame, one of the chainguard screws sheared off as I was trying to REMOVE it!! :( Cheap hardware installed into aluminum is not a good combination. Anything I reassemble with the stock screws gets a coating of anti seize :D
FLKnifemaker, I too love to re-purpose old bicycles habit I picked up in the early 70's..

Kudo's on your skills and new build!

I was re-motivated to re-purpose un-wanted throw away bicycles after my purchase of this book Bike, Scooter, and Chopper Projects for the Evil Genius

C.H.