The best double leg kickstand? We think so...

GoldenMotor.com

Do you agree? Best Kickstand For Motorized Bikes?

• Yes! When in doubt, make it stout!

Votes: 15 100.0%
  • No, I like my kickstands to break.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

atombikes

Feb 14, 2010
Northern VA
Darby,
Which version of this heavy duty center stand do you recommend for a 26" wheeled motorbike? I see Crow sells a longer and shorter version.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi Mirage, that is excellent that you have found those kickstands. We sell those in our store as well, but we don't recommend those for electric or motorized bikes because with alot of use the extra weight of the motor (or batteries and electric motor) causes the ratchet mechanism to wear out (the plastic foot part holds the ratchet pawl) and renders the height setting worthless. We have had several returned to us because of this particular failure. Hopefully you don't see that sort of failure, but I thought I would add that comment for others to consider.

Cheers,

Darby Crow
Crow Cycle Co.
Darby,
Wanted to give you a thumbs up as a seller for being honest and giving a heads up. Yes, there's a big difference in weght between a pedal bike and one which has been motorized. Your post speaks well of you personally and as a seller.
SB

mirage

Oct 31, 2010
england
hi,silverbear, there is no ratchet as such. just a spring clip. that drops into a slot on the inner leg, and should be easy to replace the wire clip if it rusts out, and had already thought of remedy. as i was fixing it on, i thought all you have to is put a jubilee hose clamp above the outer leg, and set it where you like. as good as a screwed leg and nut type. also with the one i have now, you can tip the bike over onto the other leg, and bring the leg down farther, the go round the other side and do the same till you have the height you want. to get the rear wheel off. and one handed, try doing that with any other type, still it is early days, will see how it goes. kept on lowest setting untill i need the height, cant do that with fixed types and bike looks silly stuck high in the air all the time. bye

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Don't be scared hit the botton!!!just kiddin. It has been awhile since I bought from them.I think the shipping charges were fair.Maybe send them a email with zip code?I will be getting a few parts from them soon.let me know what happens.I hate checkouts like that.

crowcycle

Dec 19, 2011
San Diego, CA
Darby,
Which version of this heavy duty center stand do you recommend for a 26" wheeled motorbike? I see Crow sells a longer and shorter version.
Hi Atombikes,

The short version will work fine for a 26" bike. The 'tall' ones are for 29' wheels or recumbents with really high mounting points, etc. I hope that helps.

Cheers,

Darby Crow