oil to gas ratio??

GoldenMotor.com

irefin

Jul 1, 2012
illinois
Can someone help me with a simple answer regarding ratio?I'm new to these engines but not 2 strokes.My 2 stroke outlaw kart uses 16/1 mix of caster to methanol.I've been running this bike engine on a 20/1 mix with burris synthetic.This oil isn't cheap.It's for racing engines,not bikes.I've read on here people using 50/1 weedeater mix gas.What is the prefered mix ratio and best oil for the buck? thanks irefin

irefin

Jul 1, 2012
illinois
Been there done that.Didn't find a straight answer.Just a longggggggg drawn out thread about somebody pouring oil down his crankcase.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Any good quality 2 stroke oil formulated for air cooled engines will be just fine. You can find all kinds of opinions on this subject from people who have tried and are satisfied with their choice. Some will say cheap Walmart oil, others, like me, will stand behind the expensive exotics like Opti-2 mixed @ 100:1.

Basically what I said at first. Any good air cooled, not outboard motor (boat) oil made for 2 strokes will run well. No need to empty your wallet on oil. Also, a spoon full of Castor in a gallon won't hurt a thing and it smells great! :)

Tom