New 2 me car

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
2005 Prius

I really liked this car on the test drive. I had wanted one since yrs back, I was parked next to one as the Prius backed out. I was amazed as it was in "stealth Mode" I asked the guy, "IS it running?" He just smiled and said "Ayup" (I live in New England)

Fell in love with it on the ride home from where I bought it. I have never used those words when describing a car or truck I have owned. Every thing I "knew" about them was wrong. Couldn't climb hills, no pep, short life span, expensive to repair/high maint, etc.

It handles great! It is deceptively roomy and the rear window is awesome. (I really can't believe folks complain about 'em)

I paid $3,000 for it/her and she has 237557 miles. The thing runs awesome! For such a long wheelbase, turns amazingly well in tight spaces.

I have a small but failing courier business. Fuel is my only real expense. I would love this car if it got half the MPG. But what a plus!

Sincerely,

Dan *don't own no Toyota stock* Keav

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Cool. I'd like to find a good used Honda CRZ hybrid. I drove a corvette for nine years so I can deal with owning a two seater.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hybrids love the weather down your way, too, WB. I am only getting 40/42 MPG in the winter temps up here.

Right now I;m sitting at a gas station and have talked to 2 other Prus/hybrid folk. First guy had 200K and Lynet just turned 100K.old her $2

She was just told she needed a cat convertor. The rat turds at the dealership told her $2 grand! Should be half that at least. And that is all brand new parts. I hate stealerships.

Post Script, LOL, WB. Dig the new sig!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Dan, as of this evening, gas was $1.30 a gallon in Moore, OK.

I have loaded over 1000lbs of tile in a Prius because the customer 'forgot' to drive her truck. Even though the load was distributed throughout the car, I know it was cuss'n me under it's unnoticeable exhaust note.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
A buck thirty! That's "more than OK! Snicker, snork. And sorry (was funny in my head)

No kidding XMan, I have never enjoyed a car so much. Has amazing cargo space. Is just plain comfortable and is a joy on winding country rds.

My day starts on one. I turn on the cruse control and enjoy the views.and ride. Cup of coffee. The silence of these things is amazing.

What's really freaky is the first few times you pull up to a stop and the engine cuts off charging the battery and there is nothing but silence. YA think the engine died, died.