NFL Football 2015

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Am I the only one that Jones for Football and glad it's back?
I mean real pro football games with teams, not that fantasy stuff.

I am a HUGE Phoenix Cardinals fan since the day they came here.
I love the Cardinals stadium.
I love having a DVR and 65" HD to watch it on.
I love the discounts we get at the grocery store on game day if you wear a team jersey, 10% off!

I don't care for everything getting re-named like the card's now being the Arizona Cardinal's and the stadium now some sponsor name, but that's money stuff.

ANYway...
The Card's were decimated with injuries by playoff time last year and we didn't get to play in the SuperBowl here last year.

The SB is not here this year but as usual, I have high hopes for the Red Birds being in it this year.

They are off to a good start with their first game this year.
We beat the New Orleans Saints in impressive style 31-19 and hopefully re-starting last years undefeated start of 8-0 before injury took it's toll.

Go Cards!
Superbowl 50 can be yours!

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Whether you like the Cowboys (I personally could take 'em or leave 'em) or not, their comeback last minute drive was certainly exciting!

Looking forward to the Philly game this evening.....

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Rams divisional battle with Seattle was cool. Patriots look better than anyone right now I think.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Rams divisional battle with Seattle was cool. Patriots look better than anyone right now I think.
The NFC West is the toughest division in football.

Cardinals
Seahawks
49'ers
and Rams.

All of us NFC West teams are 1-0 except the SeaJokes, which just tickles me to death ;-}

Pat's, they have the talent and just barley squeaked a win, but cheaters.

Though the NFL cleared them in cheating in their first game again this year with the screwed up headset communication which I imagine was pretty crucial in the last few minutes, I can't stand cheaters or liars for that matter.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Week 3 NFC West update:

Card's 3-0
Seahawks, Rams and 49er's all 1-2.

The Cardinal's have scored an NFL leading 126 points.
They have never been behind or scored less than 31 points in any game.

GO BIG RED!

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have no clue what happened here at home against the Rams in week 4...
It's like everyone fell asleep and the Cards lost by 2 in a low scoring game even though they could have easily won it with a field goal at the end.

Week 5 was more like it, though it was against the winless Lions.
We didn't just win, we humiliated them in their own house 42-17.

It was such a lopsided game we put in a bunch of 2nd stringer players on offense and defense in the last quarter when it was like 32-7 and still scored!

Cardinal's are 4-1, 2 games ahead of the Rams and Seahawks, and 3 ahead of the 49er's.

Tough game next Sunday, Steelers at their house.

I love Football more when my home team is winning, it's such a nice change, kinda like the Chicago Cub's fans are feeling now that they actually made the playoff's and having success ;-}

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I'm glad to see the Cards doing well. Jake Plumber had to run for his life almost every Sunday when I lived in the Phoenix area. However, I was there during the Denny Green season where they finally gained the ability to sign first round picks like Larry Fitzgerald.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm glad to see the Cards doing well.
Jake Plumber had to run for his life almost every Sunday when I lived in the Phoenix area.
Jake the Snake, we just started calling him Jake the Fake.
The QB list is long and disappointing.

I was there during the Denny Green season where they finally gained the ability to sign first round picks like Larry Fitzgerald.
Sign the good players and keep them despite head coaches like Buddy Ryan.
"You got a winner in town".
Pffttt, he couldn't win a game even with good players.
I think he retired to the 'Hall of Shame' hehe ;-}

I miss the Kurt Warner days when we lost in the Super Bowl against the Pittsburgh Steelers on some questionable play calling but hey, we made it there.

We got a fine talented team with a good coach now, and after decades of disappointment I am really looking for some payback this Sunday when we play them again in their house.

It should be a good test, they are 3-2 and it's their house.

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
It's still early in the season. Let's hope all your quarterbacks stay healthy this year.
For me...I still have hope for the niners to win it all especially with Crapernick leading us to the promise land! lol

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I always liked the 49er's before we moved to the NFC West, you had a long ride of being really good and winning.

With the Rams looking good this year the West Title is going to be a heck of a battle come mid-November, we play you again, the rams again, and the SeaJokes twice.

One good thing about being old is, Sunday seems to come much sooner than it used to.

Let's just hope everyone stays healthy so it's all about the skill, not whose left to play.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm not a big football fan but, hey, I live in Denver. Yardwork is almost over, I don't have a bike project going and it's getting to be too cold to do much else. Forest Gump (Manning) is looking good.

Go Broncos! Six and 0.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I'm not a big football fan but...
Go Broncos! Six and 0.
That's the spirit Tom.

Football is a whole family and friends spectator sport... So long as your team has a chance, and every team still does until they get 8 losses.

Every one of the 32 teams gets 16 games in the regular season.
That is 6 teams per division NFC and AFC and only 6 teams from each to make the playoffs when football standings restart for everyone at 0-0.

Loose and your out.
One team from each of the 2 16 team divisions make the Super Bowl.
Really fun unless you don't make the playoffs and Denver should make it.

I feel for the fans of the losers, I know it hurts year after year but worth it when the team plays well, for me anyway.

Tip:
Never try to watch a whole game live on TV until the last 2 minutes.
I DVR it and start watching a good 1/2 hour into the game, FF through all the commercials and hype, and pause it whenever we want a break or a rewind replay which is almost never these days with all the cameras.

Time it just right and you condense a 3+ hour show to ~90 minutes and still see the ending live when the emotions flow.

Other than Holidays it one of few things we all enjoy ~live even if it's just the wife and I.

Card's have the Ravens here for Monday Night next week.
They are pissed off team with 5 losses so far.

The Card's have 2 losses and pissed because one was at home.
It's a Monday night game.
Fire up your DVR, it might just be a fun a game ;-}

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Okay KC, I'll start watching now and then but I won't be one of those who paints his face blue and orange.

A cold snowy afternoon watching a football game might be better than standing at the windows and grumbling about the weather. I know it would make the lady of the house happier.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Tom, tell the lady of the house howdy from me and Sue!!

However, I tend to get a peaceful calm standing at the window and watching the weather........and watching the game.....

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom, tell the lady of the house howdy from me and Sue!!

However, I tend to get a peaceful calm standing at the window and watching the weather........and watching the game.....
Will do.

I suppose there is something traditional about fall and football. I've never been a big follower but I have fond childhood memories of family holiday gatherings where there always seemed to be a football game going on in the background.
I can appreciate the symmetry.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Anyone catch Monday Night Football?

I feel for the Baltimore Ravens.
Even with all their adversity they played a very respectable game last night.

The Card's beat 'em buy 8 in the last seconds of the game with an end zone 'Hail Mary' pass interception, but they put up a great fight.

The Arizona Cardinal's still sit atop the NFC West @ 5-2.

It has been a pretty friendly schedule so far.
They play in Cleveland the day after Halloween against the 2-5 Browns, and then a bye before things get real interesting.

GO Cards!