Not pretty, Not done

GoldenMotor.com

Eric2.0

Sep 22, 2010
NY
Hope I get to see this bike finished..... you cut it in half? Oyyy!

Cool looking bike from the pics there.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Did it snow up your way this winter Jim? We are just about all melted away here. I know when I cut up my perfectly good frame for the modification I had second thoughts, but that is what this stuff is about
Looking forward to seeing it in August and I'll finally be bringing my bike.
Dan

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Chain,
Actually today I recieved the handle-bars for this build today. Had to cut them & weld them back the way I wanted them. This allowed me to complete the control cable setup. Started it up and did it's maiden run. Didn't run strong, made a small carb adj and it went better. only had about 15 min to work on it but I hope to get back to it Sat.
However I have five other good running MB's in the shed so no problem if a ride comes up. Have the fibre-glass body just about done and will be posting pic's soon.

Jim

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Looks so good I'd hate to hide it under shrouds or fairings. Really a fine looking machine. But the fiberglass work might be interesting too. Keep us informed.

Tom

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Looks so good I'd hate to hide it under shrouds or fairings. Really a fine looking machine. But the fiberglass work might be interesting too. Keep us informed.

Tom
I don't think that you can call it a shroud or fairing more like a full body

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I remember seeing pictures of a motorcycle that was built around a skeleton instead of a frame.
I'll have to admit, your 'body' looks a whole lot better than bare bones even if they were chrome plated.

Please show us how it was done, Russ. Amazing work and creativity.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hahaha, outstanding man, really!

And it looks like you made her a gas tank!
That is just so cool!
I won't go into where a better gas pump filler tank input might have gone, it's classic enough as it is.

Bravo!

I remember seeing pictures of a motorcycle that was built around a skeleton instead of a frame.
I'll have to admit, your 'body' looks a whole lot better than bare bones even if they were chrome plated.

Please show us how it was done, Russ. Amazing work and creativity.

Tom
Ya, this does not look to be the least bit comfortable to ride as a female body ;-}

Not the cutest of girls but hey, beats a skeleton ;-}
Looks to be the front ornament on an old sailing ship, is that the case?

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
KCvale,
"Not the cutest of girls but hey, beats a skeleton ;-}
Looks to be the front ornament on an old sailing ship, is that the case"?

No it was made from foam block found on beach.

Attachments

Last edited:

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Fasteddy,
I have a wife and this bike. If you can handle more than two; your a better man than I. At least this one does not want to go shopping all the time!

Actually, the one sidecar that I built takes up too much storage room. It only comes out for shows & parades.

Jim E.