Can you name this jug?

GoldenMotor.com

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is there anyone here that can name this 2-stroke jug? It has four transfer ports, a slip on intake manifold, a single ring flat top piston, and a pulse fitting near the base of the cylinder.

Here are a few hints that should give it away......it's 73cc and it's MIJ.

Additional hint: compression release hole tapped into combustion chamber.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
had good luck there a few years ago when I had to fix some japan motors

also possibility that folks there might have a better place to refer you to

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
She has no arms!
Arms were implanted in the jugs......much more functional :D

had good luck there a few years ago when I had to fix some japan motors

also possibility that folks there might have a better place to refer you to
I know what engine the jug came off, was just wondering if anyone else recognized this particular cylinder, that's all.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
So, what are you doing with high performance Japanese 2 stroke jugs around that you know what motor they came off of?

I thought you were done with 2 strokes except on stand up scooters?

Did Culver get your juices flowing?

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
So, what are you doing with high performance Japanese 2 stroke jugs around that you know what motor they came off of?

I thought you were done with 2 strokes except on stand up scooters?

Did Culver get your juices flowing?
Unfortunately I have to rebuild them at work. I've always loved 2-strokes....all my younger years I hated 4-strokes.

My how things change , don't they?

I'll never be done with 2-strokes except maybe the HT's ? As far as building motorized bikes anyway...

dnut

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
It looks kinda familiar, but I can't name it. Not 100% truly sure I've seen one before...
Don't keep us hanging dude!

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
To me, if I didn't know what it was, I think it looks very similar to a Zenoah G620PU in many ways but not quite. The Zenoah is 62cc, not 73cc.

I'm sure plenty of people on this site have seen or used this powerplant before....it is rated at 5.1hp.

dnut

Last edited:

Citi-sporter

Jun 16, 2014
North Bend, Or,
I'm thinking a lot of people don't get to see this particular engine's barrel removed from it's cooling shroud so I think you're probably not going to get an answer soon.

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Those are Dolmar-Sachs engines, so they are German manufactured. Makita bought out Wacker who made the cutter originally.
Well there you go then.....it's a Sachs 73cc 2-stroke....a nice little powerplant, Made in Germany.....branded by Japan!

Wacker Neuson. Partner, Stihl, Tanaka.......hey, I thought they were going to outlaw 2-strokes? :D

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got to tune some of these saw's up when I worked in the small engine shop. Should'a reconized it. That thing has a nice huge carb. Can jet that carby by the simple twist of a screw!:)

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Is there anyone here that can name this 2-stroke jug? It has four transfer ports, a slip on intake manifold, a single ring flat top piston, and a pulse fitting near the base of the cylinder.

Here are a few hints that should give it away......it's 73cc and it's MIJ? Or Germany.....

Additional hint: compression release hole tapped into combustion chamber.
Compare to this newer replacement cylinder with essentially 6 transfer ports and a neat looking holey piston....

That is a real nice looking 2-stroke top-end........

Last edited: