How did you choose your user name?

GoldenMotor.com

Nashville Kat

Apr 20, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
I was living in Nashville Indiana at the time, and I always liked the Lovin Spoonful song Nashville Cats, and i play some guitar- so , voila!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ulVQsQBenvs

I'm actually originally from Indianapolis- and when I was in 7th grade, and "just 13", the gym teacher made one of my friends stand up in front of the class and sing "Nashville Cats" I don't know why or why that song, but it sure was funny. When I started college at Purdue, I was a P.E. major and was going to be a gym teacher, but I switched majors, and colleges after my first semester- graduating Indiana U in 1977 in Journalism Education.

I was flooded out of Nashville- Trevlac actually- and now i'm in Jacksonville where the weather's much better for riding more of the year. No cats here!

Attachments

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dang Kat I had you all wrong, knowing the theme of the song I had you pictured wearing a ten gallon hat and cowboy boots! Of course being from Georgia and having family in the Nashville Tennessee area country music came to mind.

Sep 18, 2011
Tyler Texas
I'm usually a loner, don't get into group activities, sports, etc.

I ride alone on my bikes, and motorcycles, I also like to explore western ghost towns, and spent most of my youth in the US Southwest riding the old desert trails.

The name was tossed at me on a motorcycle forum years ago, and I kept it to use for all of the riding forums I belong to.

On sailing forums, I use the name of my boat.

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
flubbed joining up on arsetechnica website in 2001 - decided I like it.

it is of course the first 2/3'rds of my last name.

"spamtrapper7" on a Usenet newsgroup did his own "investigation" and "outed me" within a week or two of trying. had my name/address

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
My post in 2011 from this thread from 2008

"Aleman" is a portmanteau of my first and last name, with a "The_" thrown on there.
But there's more to it than just that!

"Aleman" is also from Alemannic, a region in Germany where some of my Czech ancestors moved to, centuries ago.

"Aleman" is also Spanish for German. Spanish was my first language thanks to working parents and a Mexican babysitter.

Aaaand of course - I do love my ales! :D
I don't hardly drink anymore nowadays lol..maybe 1-2 a week.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Thanks for posting that link Aleman, I did a search before I started this thread but my search was not worded close enough for it to show up. Looking back at the start of that thread I see a lot of members that have not been on the forum in a long while.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Umm, I don't know......just woke up one morning and there it was, it hasn't changed since.

It is actually a shortened version of scotto-ale that I've been using for years, among a few others. And yes, I am a knowledgeable beer and ale drinker.

Beer is the answer......what was the question?

dnut

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Different forums, different names, too many to remember. Was thinking about painting my garage red and making a giant handle to make it look like a toolbox. Realized then i had an addiction- tools.
When i was working in the auto parts business, i bought myself the "tool of the month"
Was more like once a week.
Then moving into auto service, snap on and mac tools started eating my disposable income.
Now the tools are getting bigger and more expensive.
Guessing $30,000 in tools....
I dont use them to earn a living- go figure.

Yes, i am a tooljunkie.....

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
If I thought about it that way, I'd be Jamming Junkie. I'll get up and play guitar at anybody, even if they're innocent.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Skills? I am not naturally gifted, I learned by working at it. It's taken years, but now people want what I do, instead of running away.

GoreWound

Dec 1, 2014
Canada
had an idea for a character for a D&D game that never got ran. eventually wrote said character into a D&D game that I ran as an NPC, now I use it as an online moniker.

it's short for "GoreWound King of Barbarians"

I also use it for online gaming and have had some very humourous mis-reads of the name, my favourite is "Go Rewound" and also once "Goro-Hound"

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
way back when... geeze, sound like gramps!!
around 97-98 my buddy had just finished his A+ course, and had gotten into online activities.. specifically Yahoo Pool.
i watched for quite a while before joining myself.. i didnt even have an email at that time.
so when they won games for tournements and such, in the lobby would be
<<<<<<<<won
or
<<<<<<<<lost
leg is my initials.
so between that and pretty much EVERYONE having a number behind their names, bc it was hard to get an original name...
i went with leg_won
thru the yrs its just dropped to legwon.

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
Beginner01: a beginner at first in anything in life.

Also, the way I do things - like a beginner. Tend to do things the hard and long way, figuring out what works and what doesn't on my own time.. learning on my own mistakes mostly.. and sometimes not learning... :D

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
My name is Kevin. Would you believe I'm a secret agent ? No? Well, Kevin was already taken so I had to come up with something and it had a nice ring to it I thought at the time. It was a lot of years ago. Hey it rhymes