started building up another lower today......

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Started building another one of my dax GenIV lowers today, did piston work and a few hours of port work on the jug, piston has more mods than any other piston I have done so far, ill post some pix tomorrow, nothing real fancy and almost all work done with dremel, I did ramping on it just like my other dax build but I also did some lightening on this piston which Im hoping will give me smoother revs at cruise speeds, I removed quite a bit of material along with drilling 12 holes in skirt to remove even more weight.

Map
.wee.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
definitely interesting and I'm looking forward to your progress.
Engine is running great, it does have some rough vibes in the mid rpm range but as soon as the rpm increases a little is smooths back out, right now it has a kit muffler on it that I gutted and then pulled the end cap off of it, I cut the tiny little exit pipe off and drilled the hole out to 1/2" and I did some work on the flange to get it as closely port matched as possible, so what I have right now is a bike that has 24" wheels, a 30T rear sprocket and a top speed so far GPSd @ 43 mph it's a 40 mph cruiser comfortably and does good at 35 mph and from take off speed up to about 28 mph there is a spot from about 29-31 mph to where the rpms hit an area that the balance of the engine is pretty rough, its not a buzz type vibration but what I would call a rough vibration but it only has it at that particular rpm and then it smooths right out, I'm really happy with how this engine is performing so far, very torguey and smooth running at m normal cruise speed of 25-28 mph when Im just kicking back and then mid 30's -40 mph when I want to hit the road for a few miles.

Map
.wee.