New to this but want to mod and what to get

GoldenMotor.com

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
Ok guys.
After looking at the market here in Poland my best bet is to get a 2 stroke.
I can get a 4 stroke china motor, but they dont seem to be that fast.
I want a fast one and reliable.
Should I go with china girl and mod it or what to do?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
All the kit engines are basically the same, with small differences in quality depending on the vendor.
I'd go with a cheap $150 kit until you get some experience and can decide where to go from there. I've bought a bunch of these kits and have had great results due to careful assembly and maintenance.
You can easily spend $1000 bucks or more buying high-end parts and still have a shiny turd.
Learn what you like and what works best for your application before you go nuts buying parts.
I'd start out with a simple kit, then after it's fully broken-in, add a tuned pipe and/or a 36 tooth rear sprocket.
I recently bought a balanced Gen V engine from MotorBicycleRacing and am loving the smoothness and power compared to the stock kit engine. This engine is a great upgrade once you have a bike up and running.
The sky is the limit from there!

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
Sounds good.
Whats the difference between the Gen V and a normal kit?
I really like the stuff Fred has.
Should I run in a China one and then get the heads and stuff he has to offer?

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
The Gen V is just an engine, no kit parts included.
It's more of an upgrade from the stock engine. Much smoother and better built overall.
Fred has lots of nice performance parts if you have the cash to burn.
I'd suggest learning on a stock kit, then upgrading as you decide what you like.
The first upgrade I would do is a tuned pipe.

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
What do you think of this?
Its got an automatic clutch

Could this Russian KO engine be used with a shifter kit from SBP?

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Very few, if any, Krasny Oktobr engines went to America, so nobody is likely to know. Do you know anyone with a Chinese engine to be able to compare them, or one of the later model number KR?

There might be small differences, they might fit exactly the same.

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Do you know anyone with a Chinese engine to be able to compare them, or one of the later model number KR?
There's really only 2 Chinese engines, the 48cc and the 66cc. Power hardly varies from engine to engine. A stock 66cc is hardly different from another stock 66cc.

Do some googling....... Pull starts break all the time and centrifugal clutches are tricky to get right. You can always add those parts on later.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
There's really only 2 Chinese engines, the 48cc and the 66cc. Power hardly varies from engine to engine. A stock 66cc is hardly different from another stock 66cc.

Do some googling....... Pull starts break all the time and centrifugal clutches are tricky to get right. You can always add those parts on later.
Ludwig was talking about comparing to the Russian D motors.

The Chinese bicycle engines come in 48cc, 55cc, 60cc, ~ 66cc/69cc and maybe other sizes too?

There are significant differences between stock "66cc" engines.

Fatandre

Dec 1, 2013
Poland
I will be getting a normal two stroke. I love to tinker and will start with a simple china girl while I learn on this.
Will be building a different motor while I ride the CG to death.