Throttle Cable Snapped

GoldenMotor.com

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
So I have just received my kit from SBP and just ran into trouble with the throttle cable. When it was assembled, the cable was very tight and the ferrule in the throttle grip snapped when I tried opening the throttle to see how it felt. There doesn't seem to be much slack in the cable so I don't see how to avoid this problem. The image shows how much slack I had.
http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/8301/img00506201305312152.jpg

Will122391

May 31, 2013
Texas
Yea, I noticed that the part had a bit of solder on instead of of a proper ferrule like I see in other pictures so I think the cable was defective. I'm probably gonna order a cable from BB so I can call them if I have problems. After lurking here for months to learn all I can, I'm surely bummed, but still stoked. I assembled everything else so next week I hope to have it up and running!

2strokebke

May 17, 2013
Richmond,Va
Yea, I noticed that the part had a bit of solder on instead of of a proper ferrule like I see in other pictures so I think the cable was defective. I'm probably gonna order a cable from BB so I can call them if I have problems. After lurking here for months to learn all I can, I'm surely bummed, but still stoked. I assembled everything else so next week I hope to have it up and running!
Oh okay you will have it run it sounds like the part was bad.