looking for an assorted set of numbered main jets

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
The last couple hundred kits we got have been 4-stroking a lot even with the needle dropped to it's leanest position. The carbs are WH, which are similar to NT, and have no numbers on the mains.

I'd like to get a set of numbered jets to see what we need to lean these out, and then either buy enough jets to replace the ones in the kits, or maybe get the supplier to include a proper jet in the first place

Went to the 'THATS DAX!' site and found some, but shipping was twice the price of the jets (which could probably be dropped into a letter & sent for 50 cents) and there was no email address to ask about it.

Anyone know where to get these cheap?

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
You can try shopping around here... http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/ maybe contact someone and see if they'll give you a better price if you buy in quantity.

For the shipping with Dax, You can email him or contact him thru the forum, his name in here is also ThatsDax and he's answered my pm's pretty fast. You can also call him or contact him via skype and he'll answer. I'm pretty sure if you bought 10 jets from him he would give you some kind of break on the shipping, he most likely puts everything in a flat rate box so you can get the stuff quick. I've ordered engines from him a few times and they've been coming in in 3 days each time.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
this is an old thread - I eventually started soldering & drilling my own, then made sure I got different carbs that didn't need so much work - getting some NT-style things with chinese chars on them and good, unmarked, jets that work well

I looked at that link & found what I would have needed back then, numbered jets in one number increments, but all looked too big, as 63 thru 71 seem to be where the mix gets right

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Ugh... didn't catch that until just now.... I was wondering why you were asking for jets when most of us just drill our own...
LOL, Yep, I was all ready to ask why you were still relying on nebulous jet sizes until I noticed the original thread date. You've been doing this long enough to know better. :)

Tom

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
yep, after much searching, the carbs I'm getting now run properly right out of the box

CarpsCustoms

Jan 27, 2014
Waterbury, Connecticut
You can try shopping around here... http://www.motorcyclecarbs.com/ maybe contact someone and see if they'll give you a better price if you buy in quantity.

For the shipping with Dax, You can email him or contact him thru the forum, his name in here is also ThatsDax and he's answered my pm's pretty fast. You can also call him or contact him via skype and he'll answer. I'm pretty sure if you bought 10 jets from him he would give you some kind of break on the shipping, he most likely puts everything in a flat rate box so you can get the stuff quick. I've ordered engines from him a few times and they've been coming in in 3 days each time.
thanks again dave...i think im gonna run the stock jet size (some 4 stroking at low speeds) for a few weeks, THEN buy a soldering gun with silver solder i believe??? & order this set of bits Mapbike suggested. https://www.widgetsupply.com/product/BLU01.html so ill never worry about buying "nebulous" jet sizes as 2door put it. that's the wisest way to get it all said and done