What's up with AGK?

GoldenMotor.com
May 9, 2012
Jackson, TN
I ordered a few things on the 31st (Carb, intake, and throttle linkage)...I haven't heard a thing from them since. I've called three times and left messages, and I've emailed twice now.

I'm not at all saying that they're a bad business or anything, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any special circumstances that are happening that would cause this?

Thanks!

CoolCruiser

Jun 15, 2012
Massachusetts
I ordered a few things on the 31st (Carb, intake, and throttle linkage)...I haven't heard a thing from them since. I've called three times and left messages, and I've emailed twice now.

I'm not at all saying that they're a bad business or anything, I'm just wondering if anyone knows of any special circumstances that are happening that would cause this?

Thanks!
I placed 2 orders with them recently, a few of the parts are on back order but they have been working with me to ship or hold what I requested and just answered yesterday about a part question and were very helpful.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
Order from AGK because they are on the forum and I like what they have brought to the hobby ...could of bought what I needed somewhere else.I ordered on the 9th 2 weeks ago. Heard 3 days ago one off the parts is on back order.And have heard nothing since So I ordered what else I needed from another kart dealer...3 day to my door and lots off emails in between....It is not that hard to send a email and if he's busy.

MaxPower

Jul 1, 2009
Sierra Vista AZ
I meet the owner of AGK at a bike race one time. He was a cool guy and enthusiastic about the hobby. I've ordered some parts from them and I'm sure if you give him some time he will come through.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
UPDATE I recieved everything today even the back ordered stuff.I do not have a problem withy Akg (shane) I just think a few emails on status would calm everyone down.Alot ofhis stuff is custome made and it takes time...just let the buyerknow whats going on ...now Ihavetogoenjoymynew parts...T

Skarrd

Oct 13, 2010
Chandler, AZ
I ordered the exhaust pipe for the 99cc preddy motor back on sep 9th and got an email that it was back ordered. Got an email today that it would be 2-3 weeks more before it would be available (this was after i emailed to find out if they got more instock).

I'm sorry, but making a customer wait 3 weeks only for them to find out it's going to be another 2-3 more weeks before the order gets shipped is not a good way to run business...

They make amazingly wonderful parts. But their customer service (warning, i'm being honest here) sucks...

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
With limited vendors for specific parts thats the problem. I am lucky to be able to make most of my parts exhaust included. Stick the stock exhaust on till you get the right one...

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
that's a pretty normal way to run a small business these days. i'm sure the exhaust you ordered isn't an off the shelf part, so there's a supply chain involved.

agk's probably waiting for it just as much as you are.

people always seem to forget that ordering custom parts, or specialized parts isn't as easy as ordering fries with your burger or having harbor freight get one from a neighboring store.

small business don't have an office full of people answering phones and emailing customers all day. they've got a coupla guys doing what they love and trying to make everyone happy while doing it. and that ain't easy.

if there's a delay, put yourself in their shoes and don't take it personally.

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
update well looks like things are back to normal at AGK recived my purchase in 3 days.Looks like website has been updated and hane does have some of the best parts out there if you want to step out of the normal kit build.

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
I just got a refund myself. I ordered a whole bunch of stuff for my Predator build but a couple things were on back order and 2 weeks ago they told me it "should" come in the same week or the next.. Today they told me the same but without knowing if the parts come or if in 2 weeks they say the same I decided to buy the rest elsewhere. But I have to say the service is really good compared to any other company I ordered yet - also very good quality parts. All in all I can recommend them. I just wish the website would actually be updated when they run out of parts so customers dont pay for things they dont even have there without knowing it but I dont want to complain neither. Pretty sure you didnt hear anything because your parts are or were on back order as well. Just call. At least there always somebody answers the phone.